Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
MicheleP
My Device: Q10

serious problem with the Q10 wiping out all my emails on all email accountson BB & Servers

having been using the BBQ10 for 10 days now and finally getting use to it and enjoying it.  I have been using BB's for years because I like it for my business.  But I work up today to find ALL my emails on all email accounts wiped out.  All texts and phone logs wiped out.  Ok could live with that BUT because of the new BB10 software that contacts you to  your email servers any changes you make with an email on your BB changes on your computer.  that means that every single emails on all my email accounts contacted to the BB have been deleted.  Saved emails, sent emails, new emails.  Everything.  I spoke with BB and was told they are aware of the problem and are sorry.  but i just lost thousands of dollars worth of orders because of this problem.  Anyone else have this problem?  any help?  

On my old BB's there was a thing called Blackberry Protection and I had it set up to back up all data everday.  Now the Blackberry Protection on the Q10 and Z10 are for find your phone if you lose it.  It no longer backs up your data.  That is so stupid.  If I still had that I would not have lost all my info.   

any thoughts or suggestions?  how can I keep the Q10 now if I cant' be sure it won't delete all my data anytime it feels like?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Blue-Chili
My Device: q10

Re: serious problem with the Q10 wiping out all my emails on all email accountson BB & Servers

yes, me too. gave my device back to shop but really loved q10 and would like to buy again when problem is solved. lots of users are reporting about this problem but blackberry dont care.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andu9
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Re: serious problem with the Q10 wiping out all my emails on all email accountson BB & Servers

Same happened to me once. I've lost phone calls log, text messages and 10 days of ALL emails on both accounts (deleted from server). No solution yet.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MicheleP

This is a major issues and it does not seem have hours on the phone that blackberry cares. The BlackBerry is suppose to be the leader in smart phones for business and they just destroyed my business by wiping out my servers on all my company computers. I hate to say but I am going to have to give my Q10 back today also.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gustavbu
My Device: Blackberry Q10

wow. should've read this before. i've just found out the same today. everything deleted. at least i do have one account as SMTP, but the other - IMAP - is fuc*** - i've lost 6 months of emails.. 

solution anyone? please?

Please use plain text.
Sherrina

This is probably the dummest thing a SMART phone can do...lose emails!! Not only gone from my phone but also in my inbox. Called Blackberry and all I got was "sorry..."

This really sucks because I am a real loyal BB user, and now all my emails are lost...

No wonder they are going out of business...no patch+no emails= SOL

Thanks BB for converting me into an android usuer!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
seebyrdie_ok

The wipe-out happened to me again yesterday, too.  Fortunately, it occurred in only my personal e-mail account on the Q10.  This is about the third or fourth time that I've lost my emails during the 7 weeks that I've had the Q10.  Once I was out of town and lost my business account emails.  They're there one minute, and then just vanish.

C. W. Byrd

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunnyshinemommy

I have had my Q10 since may, no issues like you are reporting, just self inflicted ones from playing with settings, which I was able to recover from. I hope Blackberry figures out a solution.
Please use plain text.
Sherrina

I lost my personal emails on two accounts and even my texts...this is ridiculous...BB seems to be working on a patch for the next model Q10 that comes out, but for us "ginny pigs," we need to figure how to get our money back!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

I would recommend a regular BB Link backup.
Please use plain text.