Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone Romania

2 NEW DEFECTIVE PHONES

I BOUGHT A NEW PHONE VIA MY PROVIDER, VODAFONE ROMANIA, WHEN I GOT HOME THE CAMERA DID NOT START. THE PROVIDER HAS REPLACED IT AND THE CAMERA of the NEW ONE WORKED FOR ONLY 2 WEEKS, NOW THE PROVIDER PUT IT INTO SERV ICE. 

QUESTION: ALL THE Q5 PHONES HAVE DEFECTIVE CAMERAS, SO I KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT????

THANKS!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 2 NEW DEFECTIVE PHONES

[ Edited ]

Not all Q5 phones have defective cameras. Unfortunately, the two you've had so far have had bad cameras but most of them certainly don't (or BlackBerry wouldn't have released the phone to the public).

Make sure you have the latest version of OS running on your phone. If there was an issue with the camera and BlackBerry was aware of it, an updated OS would probably correct it.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks, but both of them have been updated at the supplier of services store when I made the purchase and they said it was the latest version. Maybe they sent to Romania all defective ones..
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I doubt they sent all the defective ones to Romania. :smileytongue:

I just hope your experience with the two you've had hasn't soured your opinion of BlackBerry phones. I know that if you look in support forums for other phones (i.e. iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.), you'll see that every brand has problems such as yours.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks but so far its the only one I had problems with and I didn't really have time to use it since it's in service.and I use my broken Samsung S3....I thought its a cheaper version of Q10 and maybe they messed smtg up because it seems to be more like a software problem..I paid for it and not using it!!!
New Contributor
My Device: q 5
My Carrier: vodafon

hi there...iam doctor by profession ...i have same probm with q5...and have sent for repairs to service centre...its been a month since i recieved new handset or repaired handset......if there is any international complaint cell of BB..kindly forward it to me....but one thing iam sure dat BB should start thinking of wrapping the company if they are providing this kind of services..
My Device: blackberry Q5
My Carrier: orange romania

Eu l-am luat de la orange în septembrie și n-a avut nici o problema de atunci și l-am scăpat pe jos de multe ori