Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Blackberry Q5 Camera Cannot be started ..... URGENT !!!!!!1

[ Edited ]

The restart with immediate selection of "videos" and clicking on "start camera" from the right menu did actually work and I have been without a camera for about 3 weeks. Prior to this solution I was irate b/c no matter what solution people were advising I was unable to get my camera to start.

Please note however that the sequence in which you have to do the above steps has to occur as soon as your BB goes from the start-up screen (BB symbol with the time bar) to your screensaver.

Hope this solution works for the rest of you with this issue. thanks Sunil for your post!

E

My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Emirates General Market, Abu Dhabi, UAE

great findings !!!

thanks Elena

Sunil

New Contributor
My Carrier: Idea

All of a sudden the camera stopped working. Message 'The camera Can't be started'.

I tried everything possible including re-installing the OS and all the options in this thread.  Nothing worked.

Finally I gave the phone to the local service center. They could not fix it. They sent the phone to teh Bangalore service centre. They claimed to fix the issue and sent the phone back. To my horror the issue exist as is. On approaching the service centre again, they claim there is nothing wrong with the phone. I even called Bangalore, they do not take responsibility and insist that I route it thru the local servcie centre.

What do I do? I am stuck with a phone which even the manfactuer does not want to fix.

Is this something someone can help?

My Device: q10
My Carrier: tmob

i had exactly this, camera cant be started error coming up, i took the memory card and sim card out and put them back in after a restart and the camera started working! So happy.

Good luck

Contributor
My Carrier: TIM

I tried to open the phone and remove the battery, the camera works again .... after some tests crashes again I disconnect the flat battery and it works again .... software problem? hardware problem? We need a solution

Contributor
My Carrier: TIM

waiting for solution :Censored:

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5 SQR100-N
My Carrier: Tim BR

This happened to me last week, i've tried everything on the Web, and then I solved it by myself. I disassembled the Q5, on the Camera board, unscrewed it and remove it from the logic board carefully because there's a connector downside, unhook it and put it back, asseble the phone back and try fire up the camera.

My phone drops on the toilet 2 weeks ago and the microphone was gone, but a week later this happened to the camera, hopefully i was able to fix it.

Remember that disassemble your phone will void your warranty and just do it if you 150% sure of what you're doing. If you need some help by disassembling, search for some video on YouTube.

Hope I helped.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5 SQR100-N
My Carrier: Tim BR

*** P.S: do NOT remove the Battery on Q5, it's glued it on the board and will void your warranty! All you can do it disconnect the battery connector from the board to avoid the phone turning on during the process.
My Carrier: Airtel

I was able to solve the camera not starting problem by removing the external SD card, rebooting the device. Camera could start after that, and then SD card could be inserted again.