Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
martinmedia
My Device: Blackberry Q5
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Q5 not detected in Link (USB connected)

Hi, I have a new blackberry Q5 since 1 week and I used Blackberry Desktop to transfer data from my previous BB Curve 9100. Then I installed BB Link to have my BB Q5 upgraded to the latest OS 10.1 (at that time). Everything was working properly on my Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bits Laptop, USB connected.

Then, today, I wanted to connect my BB Q5 through USB because I had a notification for the upgrade to OS 10.2. But When I connect the BB to my laptop on the USB port, nothing really happens, even the Windows Device manager does nothing.

I tried with 2 different USB cable and same issue. Also, (maybe another problem), When I connect the USB cable, my BB Q5 tells me "You should use the Charger supplied to have it charged faster" (kind of message).... Even when I connect it using the supplied charger in the power outlet.... !?! (WTF)....

I double checked under Setting and under "Blackberry Link" and it is enabled: I
the "Use Mobile network" is disabled, of course I don't want to use the Mobile 4G to communicate with BB Link and I can see my laptop's name displayed at the bottom of the "BB Link" option screen on my BB device.

But on my laptop, inside Link, it says that the device is not connected As well, under settings, under Storage and access, USB connection is set to Windows (was set to "auto" before, but still no success).
Wifi Access is disabled: o
USB storage is enabled : I

So my device is not detected in the BB Link software and not even detected as a USB storage Device in Windows.

I uninstalled BB Desktop software and BB Link, then reinstalled BB Link without success.... I'm stuck now.

Any help, thanks.

New Contributor
martinmedia
My Device: Blackberry Q5

Re: Blackberry Q5 not detected in Link (USB connected)

I finally got it working:

- I completely shutdown my Blackberry Q5 terminal and unplugged it from USB.

- In the Windows Device manager, I can see the Blackberry Virtual Private Network in the Network adapter group, which is correct. But the Blackberry Terminal was not listed.

- So I connect the USB back in my Blackberry Q5 device and turned it on with the switch on the top.

- From there, Windows detected the terminal and installed the Blackberry Terminal drivers (automatically supplied with the BB Link software)

- And Link started automatically saying that the BB is connected properly through USB.

- When I turn on the USB mass storage, it works as well (and disconnect from Link at the same time), so  I have to turn off USB mass storage in the BB Q5 settings to make it connect back to Link through the USB cable.

New Contributor
MyNameBBFan63
My Device: Q5 Red

Re: Blackberry Q5 not detected in Link (USB connected)

This situation makes me 9 days crazy,untill i did found the solution,it cost me 2 1/2 hours.First install Blackberry Link software at your PC.Then put your Sim-card out.You can leave your Media-card.Make a connection with your Q5 and your PC with a Mini USB cable and put it in PC USB connector.Then you give the Link software the command CHANGE and BB Link software making connection with your Q5,then you click at Device software and it takes about 2 hours for installing is ready.Then your Q5 has a green led and you click at reboot and your Q5 start up as new.Succes !