Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 16
My Carrier: telus

Bold back up to Q5 - need help

I had posted this somewhere else on this forum but this is a better place to put this issue up.

- I had a Bold that was updated and backed up using the DesktopSoftware.

- My Bold was stolen, with memory card inside. (my provider suspended the phone without incident)

- I purchased the new Q5, and the setup was done successfully

- I installed the new BlackBerry link software and linked to my new Q5

My issue is with transferring my contacts WITHOUT having my Bold physically hardwired to my PC (its stolen = gone). I need to transfer from the older DesktopSoft directly to my Q5, or directly to the new BBlink soft. I have gone over every place I can think of to find help, including my provider, without avail.

Please can some kind soul help me as this is my work phone as I have all my customers info in the old phone.

P.S. I have a playbook but can't seem to use that machine to transfer my contact list, but in all honesty, I am probably a little frustrated right now and in need of help.

I can't be the first one to have a cell phone stolen...please advise

Thank you in advance

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Bold back up to Q5 - need help

Could you borrow a bold and restore thern transfer over.  I'm not sure BB10 covers restoration from earlier OSs.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 16
My Carrier: telus

Re: Bold back up to Q5 - need help

Hello

Yes I have thought of that, but wouldn't it be the same if I transfer my contact list to my Playbook then to the Q5? I am going to look into bugging someone with a Bold that wants to take a chance with me wiping out their data....not likely.

Thanks for the reply