Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

rawlboy247
My Device: Blacberry Q5

CALLER I.D NOT SHOWING

I have contacts saved on my Blackberry Q5 phone.

Some are saved only as local numbers. Some are saved with the international codes.

for example: 08061234445 (locallly) or +2348061234445 (int'l format).

When an SMS is received from a contact whom I saved as 08061234445, the ID does not show. Whenever a voice call is received from a contact I saved as +2348061234445, the caller I.D Does not show.

I performed a search and this is what BlackberrySupport said:

Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number

Environment

• BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
  • BlackBerry 10
  • PR 291852

Overview

When receiving an local incoming call, Caller ID does not display the associated contact if the country code is included in the phone number field.

Resolution

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available. (http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=219C818D11840C9C131541CFC4E7FD31?...)

MY QUESTION IS: IS THAT THE BEST REPLY BLACKBERRY CAN OFFER? IS THERE NO SOLUTION?

I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED BECAUSE EVEN THE SMALLEST OF MOBILE PHONES IS INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT +2348098766 and 08098766 ARE THE SAME NUMBER.

I FOLLOWED @BlackBerryHelp AND SENT A DM BUT THE BEST THEY COULD DO WAS REFER ME TO THE LINK ABOVE.
IS THERE NO SOLUTION???

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: CALLER I.D NOT SHOWING

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, as a user-to-user community, no one can give you anything more official than BlackBerry can...Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.