Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
xuiian
My Device: Q5

Re: Camera can't be started

This works for me:

1. restart your Q5 (go make coffee while you wait)

2. open the camera application and switch to video mode immediately (do not take a photo!)

3. once in video mode, switch to the front-facing camera and take a quick video of yourself

4. close the camera application and open it again. you will now be able to take pictures.

Let me know if this works for you?

Please use plain text.
sawyerrken

I had the same error on my Q5. I removed the back cover, unscrewed the plastic frame and pulled off the connector linking the battery to the board and put it back.

Do this at your own risk. I recommend giving your device to a qualified professional and have him disconnect and reconnect the battery.

I still don't know why these new models have to come with batteries "hard wired" to the phone. Its a blackberry device and like every device from blackberry, the "battery pull" solution is likely to work for some of its runtime madness.

Please use plain text.
kanu821
My Device: Blackberry Q5

hi,
do have any solutions?

i have the same problem, what can i do ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boldover

On my wife's new Q5 software 10.2.1.2141...just updated and camera freezes occasionally when using the flash.

Is there a software fix for this issue? My wife is at her is at her wits end with the camera.

Also, not sure why the pics are darker when using the flash. Anyone else notice this issue?

Help please!?!?!?!?!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boldover

This is her first BB10 phone, so hopefully it is fixed quickly otherwise she will be telling her friends about her bad experience.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sandeep_gulia

[ Edited ]

hello,

happend to me an hour ago,

but it worked now... 

so here is the solution that worked for me...

the problem seems to be conflict with some another app that has permission to use camera.

go to application permissions and select "run in background" in place of "all"

check which apps are there in this list.

now select "camera" and see if those apps have permission to use camera also.

deny permission to use camera to any such app which has permission to run in backgroung...

also deny the permission to run in background... or u might delete the app :smileytongue:

restart your handset...

hope this helps!!

Please use plain text.