If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Visitor
Birt-tron
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: 02

Easily the worst phone I have ever owned...

I "upgraded" this summer to a BlackBerry Q5 from a HTC Desire HD. I use inverted commas to highlight my complete and utter dissatisfaction with my handset. I have already replaced my handset once because it showed similar problems which have reoccurred with my new device. 

As it stands:

• Massive overheating problem which causes the battery to run completely flat in around 10 minutes from a full charge and occasionally the screen turning blue and remaining that way for a few days. 
  • I cannot access my texts, they simply don't appear on the hub and if I press the icon for "text messages" it takes me through to my hotmail account (which is also not recieving new messages) 
  • I cannot access the browser, it loads up a blank window with the URL bar but doesn't respond to anything other than swiping upwards to then close the window. 
  • Finally I cannot access any of my media files. A message appears saying there is an error and can't read any of the media files (music, pictures, video etc.)

I went down to the shop where I purchased the phone who also gave me a replacement handset when the first Q5 was faulty. They told me to have a go at downloading the newest software update and if that didn't remedy the problem to do a full factory reset. 

I got home, connected to my home Wi-Fi and tried to download the software update. Guess what? No dice. So I have since started a full factory reset. It has been showing the same loading screen for around 2 and a half hours and shows no signs of starting again. 

I reccomend to anyone that they stay clear of this particular device and would be interested to know if it is just this model which shows these problems. Maybe BlackBerry thinks that because it is not a premium device and is aimed at those who want a more simple handset, it is not worth makiing it reliable. 

I chose BlackBerry because I was told that they were the most reliable manufacturer. I am extremely disappointed with the Q5 especially as I am locked into a very long contract which is not cheap and I am NOT recieving a service which merits the pricetag. 

I definitely will not be purchasing a BlackBerry device in the future. 

Please use plain text.