Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

twdesign
My Device: q5

Fido/Rogers name display not well supported. Very disppointed.

I signed a 2 year contract with Fido to get my new Q5, after using my old 9700 for 5 yrs. Q5 terribly supports Fido/Rogers name display.  It shows the caller's name no problem. But no number shown in the log list. You have to long press the name to call out the info page to see the number. The name disappered if call back the number, left number only in the history log. The name also can't be automatically put into if add it to contacts.

My old 9700 wonderfully supports name display. Name/number both display at call history page. Call it back won't erase the name at all. Stills show both name/number in the history list. If add the person to contacts. The name can be automatically put into proper last/first name. Thinking about 9700 is half decade old model, I dont think it's a big challenge for new Q5.

Q5 should have newest tech to properly support name display not to mention it's Canadian company made phone Canada is the only country having name display service in the world. Is there any patch/new release of better support for name display?

New Contributor
Dpgade
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Fido/Rogers name display not well supported. Very disppointed.

I am also with Fido and feel exactly the same.  I had a Bold 9900 and loved it.  This Q5 is garbage and when you go to the Fido booth, every service person I have dealt with dont know much about this phone. Grrrrrr!!! Want to switch back to my Bold but have to keep going back to Fido due to the different sim card size.  Frustrated!!!!