Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
IndieLover25
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

Issues with messaging

My blackberry Q5 is recently purchased within 2 months. My phone sometimes does not recognize when text is entered. It also comes up as blank when i choose a conversation. I dont know how to fix this problem without restarting my phone once and more recently twice. Any advice?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Issues with messaging

Can you please provide more details? When text is entered where? Where are these conversations coming up blank? Are these text messages, BBM, Whatsapp, Skype, etc.? Without that info we can't help you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IndieLover25

This text is entered under text messages in an opened conversation. The conversations come up blank with text messages. And when i try to choose another conversation, it returns to the previous one. All of my issues are in text messaging
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Thanks for that! So, did you restore text messages from a previous device to the new Q5? There have been issues with long conversations slowing down the text messaging app, especially when restored from a previous device, on BB10. Do the conversations eventually come up?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

The solution is to delete the conversation for that person and start over. It's not a great solution but it's what usually works.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IndieLover25

It is not restored. The conversation eventually come up. Sometimes after quite a bit of time and other times i have to restart my device multiple times. My main issue is with trying to send texts and it not allowing me to. But these are both incredibly annoying problems.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Try deleting the conversation and starting over. Again, not a great solution but it's what others have reported solves the problem. Apparently, the conversation just gets too long.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dopetig
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Rogers

ok i have the same problem too.  it's like it freezes.  you can type your whole message and when you hit enter it won't send.  just sits there.  soooo annoying!!!  i've had 2 other bberry and never had this prob.  if it's the new software then it sucks!!  they need to find a fix for this.  i've also noticed sometimes it does this if more than one text is coming in at a time so i think it screws stuff up and freezes it. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IndieLover25

I was told its my service provider!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dopetig
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Rogers