Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
Hasnain_Yousuf
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: NFC lost after updating BB 10 MR OS

It is again a disappointing experience that even after upgrade to 10.2, NFC issue is still not fixed. And it seems BB Support/RIM is still not bothered to address it .
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Hi Hasnain_Yousuf,

A BlackBerry employee has confirmed in this forum that there are Q5 models without NFC. (Me.)

The SQR-100-3 does NOT have NFC capabilities. 

I have contacted the web team to revert to the content pages that indicated NFC is not in all Q5 models. 

Other sites correctly state the Q5 does not have NFC support in all markets. eg: http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_q5-5452.php

There was a software issue - the settings application was showing NFC settings for device(s) that do not have NFC capabilities. This has been fixed - and this is what you're seeing.

Thank you.

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hasnain_Yousuf

Hello,
Thanks for your response, BUT BB Q5(SQR-100-3) does have NFC ,as per BB official website specs detail
http://in.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-q5/specifications.html.
Further confimed in BB handbook:
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53845/BlackBerry_Q5_Smartphone-User_Guid...

As i stated earlier ,I have seen it in my BB Q5 before i updated its os to 10.1.0.4181 followed by 10.2.

And DO you mean to say updating to higher version(s) leads to loss of available features of an smartphone.

Further what does the statement means "NFC is not in all Q5 models", as for an end user like me BB-Q5 is a model, and other than colour i have not come across any other variant of Q5.
As an end user we do not go by fine technical model conventions like SQR-100-3, and if its not available in so called model OF Q5 then in which model of Q5 its available, why was it not indicated in box pack of BB Q5 device.
Is BB Support trying to mislead its customer to justify its mistakes of software release?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Hi,

Page 53 of the manual says:

What is NFC

The NFC feature might not be available, depending on your wireless service provider, your administrator's settings, and your BlackBerry device model.

Again - what you saw on your phone was the settings application showing a feature that is not available on your hardware. That bug in the settings application has been fixed.

Thank you.

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hasnain_Yousuf

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable input, but my question still remains open and unanswered following below earlier post as below, like as you stated if hardware is not supported how below transfer was possible?:
"10-08-2013 07:23 AM
I am using Blackbery Q5 model SQR 100-3,
In the first two days, NFC setting showing in the network connection, even I have shared data with Nokia Lumia via NFC..But after 2 days it automatically disappers from network connection...After this issue I update software also..But the condition is still same..What should I do now..Please tell me options for the same.."
Please use plain text.