Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: NFC not working in BB Q5

Yes, I was mentioning the link you posted "http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-to-Reload-your-Blackberr...

Currently my OS version is10.1.0.2309. Here's what I did :

- Removed my SIM

- swictched off Location services

- Selected Reload . After one/two min a pop up comes asking to switch off the phone. After switching off the phone , a green LED shows in the phone. After couple of minutes i get a notifications asking to confirm if I need to reload the phone for which I select yes

- Couple of minutes later I get a message as "there are no Blackberry Device Software updates available" . On hitting close, the phone restarts without clearing any data.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

faizpayi wrote:

- Selected Reload .

So, sorry again to be totally clear, but you did this as written in that thread?

• Using the Link software on your PC, click on the "Reload Device Software" tab at the top of Link screen. Follow the directions there to complete the reload. Do not disconnect your device during the process until complete.

Further:

faizpayi wrote:

- Removed my SIM

- swictched off Location services

Those are not part of the reload bullet item instructions...the two processes provided there are separate...with these actions you conducted being related to update, not to reload. Please try again, this time following ONLY the instructions provided in the RELOAD bullet item.

And, as you continue in that post, there is an alternate method, intended for situations where the first two methods fail...did you try those yet? If not, then please do so (but only if properly conducting the first method again fails). If so, then please report back the results.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reponse. I was travelling for past few days.

I tried both the methods, using Link and also using IE. In either ways I get the same result that no updates are available for your phone.

Hall of Famer II

Sorry, but that reply is nowhere near the level of detail that my questions were posed at. Hence, I can deduce nothing further of use since I have no new information.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

First I tried using to reload using Blackberry Link for which I end up getting a notification as No updates available for the phone. Then I tried the alternate method by logging to the blackberry update website. Here also after following the same steps I am getting the same notification in my PC. When I click ok, it restarts my phone and loads as usual.

When I used the option  "Wipe Data" in the phone settings, it completly did the purpose of reseting the phone. After wiping, I had to register the phone from scratch by connecting to Wifi. Once preliminery setup was completed, in the network setttings there is no option as NFC. thats strange.

When I browsed in BB Q5 details, I noticed something as NFC is available for selected areas. I am not sure if NFC is available in BB Q5 bought from India or not.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

faizpayi wrote:

First I tried using to reload using Blackberry Link for which I end up getting a notification as No updates available for the phone. Then I tried the alternate method by logging to the blackberry update website. Here also after following the same steps I am getting the same notification in my PC. When I click ok, it restarts my phone and loads as usual.

When I used the option  "Wipe Data" in the phone settings, it completly did the purpose of reseting the phone. After wiping, I had to register the phone from scratch by connecting to Wifi. Once preliminery setup was completed, in the network setttings there is no option as NFC. thats strange.

The reload and the WIPE should BOTH result in starting over as if your device is new...hence, I continue to be concerned that the process for Reload you are following is not the correct one, for everything you describe resulting from your Reload attempts indicates that to be an UPDATE attempt, not a reload attempt.

faizpayi wrote:

When I browsed in BB Q5 details, I noticed something as NFC is available for selected areas. I am not sure if NFC is available in BB Q5 bought from India or not.

I have no way to know the answer to that question...you should inquire to the seller to you of the device if you should even be expecting this feature to work. I have no information about that.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates