Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Regular Contributor
Nick_Mcbride6
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Q10, Bold 9900, 64GB Playbook

New Q5 Camera Issues

Camera Issues with a new Q5 i bought even with OS update sometimes the camera wont even open or it doesnt perform properly! multiple people have told me about the same issue

Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5

Re: New Q5 Camera Issues

Did you update the os by yourself? If so how did you do it? Also some time in the past I. used an autoloader to update and I could not open an mp3 file I had to wait for the next update but that autoloader was a leaked one I think that's why... anyway the point I'm trying to make is that the update must have caused you the problem :smileywink: please tell me how did you update it so that I can provide you with more info on how to solve this problem :smileyhappy:
Mariusb8402
My Device: Q5

Re: New Q5 Camera Issues

I also have the same issue with the camera as does a colleague of mine (both of us have the Q5). The issue does not seem to be related to the update but seems to be related to the camera detecting low light conditions. Whenever I leave the settings to Auto detect or switch to night mode, the first photo would be fine but there after it would stop performing. When I then take a photo it would flash but not take the photo, until I restart the camera app.