Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

cbarkerQ5
My Device: Q5
Accepted Solution

New Q5 Camera cannot be started error

[ Edited ]

My new Blackberry Q5 out of the box,  OS updated to 10.2.1.2141 as recommended by the device.  When I go into the camera is says Camera cannot be started.   I don't know if the camera worked before I updated the OS.

**UPDATED AFTER POST, OS update had no effect on the camera.

I've tried a security wipe and reload via the blackberry link software but the error remains.

Any ideas?  Seems to be a common issue with these devices.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: New Q5 Camera cannot be started error

I return the device right away for a replacement. The camera is likely defective on that device.

I don't know that it's "common" as I have 5 BB10 devices in my home and none of them have ever had the problem. I did have a 9800 that after 4 years of use had to have the camera replaced.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
cbarkerQ5

It appears as though the media card was at fault. An erase and format of the media card resolved the issue.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Interesting. That's a first I've ever heard of the media card causing that issue. Thanks for reporting back!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
cherilicious

Hi There

i am having the same error, camera cannot be started due to hardware or insufficient permissions. Does any1 know how to fix the problem?

thanks

Guru I
John_Clark

Did you try the suggestion above about reformatting the media card? If so, and it still doesn't work you'll need to get the device replaced.
New Contributor
cherilicious

yes i have tried all the suggestions on this forum :smileysad: its a vodacom contract phone. 

its just under a year old. hope vodacom will replace it!!!

Guru I
John_Clark

It should have a one year warranty through your provider if you purchased it through them.
New Contributor
amilcarsanchez
My Device: q5

Found an easy way to do this, just let the baterry drain completly until the phones turns off.  Worked for me and didnt have to open up the Q5 to take off the battery

New Contributor
amilcarsanchez
My Device: q5

let the battery run out till the phone goes completly dead