Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Q5 Contacts not working

Can't get any contacts in the main contact app.  Simply typing them in and hitting save takes me back to the main screen.  Nor are BBM contacts taken in from BBM.

HELP PLEASE.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Q5 Contacts not working

Have you tried rebooting the device? Hold the power button down for about 10-15 seconds. The device will shut down, red light will come on, and BB logo will be displayed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I did.  No joy.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The next step would be to wipe the device. If you don't yet have much data entered don't bother with a backup. However, if you have other data you need to save please make a backup with Link first and then go to Settings, Security and Privacy, and perform a Security Wipe. It will take some time so leave it be and don't interrupt it or pull the battery. Once it's done it will be as if it just came out of the box. Try entering the contacts again.

All that said, I highly suggest setting up an email account that can store all your contacts. Outlook.com works the best but GMail will work to (not quite as good as Outlook.com, though.) That way your contacts will syncronize wirelessly with the email service and you will never have to type them in again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yep the wipe worked thank you!

Guru I

Excellent. Please mark the post that was the solution so the next person searching through the forums with a similar issue can find it quickly.