Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Contributor
My Device: Q5
Accepted Solution

Q5 Deleting emails on device but not on computer

Used to be able to clear the clutter on my Torch but retain on my computer.  Doesn't appear possible on Q5.

Tony

New Contributor
My Device: q5

Re: Q5 Deleting emails on device but not on computer

I have the same problem, when i delete mails on the BB Q5 they disappear also in my webmail, i searched informations, but it seems there is no way by now, to avoid this :smileyfrustrated:

Contributor

This really needs addressing - it's a real pain having to go into the Delete file on the computer to move all those emails back into the Inbox. The other problem on the Q5 is that you have to open the email to delete it, thus using up download mbs which is OK if it's within your package but very expensive if you're roaming!
New Contributor

I have the reverse problem! I want to be able to delete emails from my phone and ALSO my computer/server inbox! Does anyone know how to do this one? Many thanks in advance

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE

Emails are actually synced between your device and your inbox (server), emails aren't actually stored in your device.

Hope this helped.

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE :smileywink:
New Contributor

Thank you for this, but on my old Blackberry 8520 it always gave me the option of deleting from handheld AND server or just handheld. Thanks again.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE

765765 wrote:

Thank you for this, but on my old Blackberry 8520 it always gave me the option of deleting from handheld AND server or just handheld. Thanks again.

Not an feature in BB10 devices, for now atleast.

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE :smileywink:
New Contributor

This is CRAZY! The device is supposed to save me time and make me feel less stressed. If I have still wade through 100's of emails what's the point!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, Best Wishes. 

Contributor

It would seem I've stirred up a hornets' nest! Take note BB - this needs to be fixed. Thanks for the info on emails not being saved on the device, but surely, being forced to open them in order to delete them must eat into your download allowance, especially when roaming.
Contributor

Just discovered that you can delete without opening emails by going to Select More, highlighting the email and deleting.  Still doesn't solve the deleting on computer problem, though.