Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: TIM Italy

Q5: what is stored in "settings" and "applications data" backup?

Hello,

I would like to know what exactly is in the backup file when I choose to backup just "settings" or "applications data" with Link Windows desktop software .

Now I am most focused on my contacts in fact, because not much more is on my Q5, but I am interested also in saving some important data from applications like places, preferences and so on, I mean BB internal apps, BB world and Android apps too.

For example, I installed an Android app that reads a newspaper and I know its application data can be very large and even get larger with time because I use it on Android too. I fear the "applications data" contains also its data (I saw 230Mb so I unchecked it).

Is there a document or a page where it is explained in details?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10™ - Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

Re: Q5: what is stored in "settings" and "applications data" backup?

[ Edited ]

IF You make a BlackBerry backup with BlackBerry Link software::

BlackBerry backups created with BlackBerry Link are all you need to keep data safe.
Blackberry backups made with BlackBerry Link can be selective (you can choose to back-up just contacts, documents, applications or media like photos and videos) or they can be full backups of your BlackBerry.
In the same manner, you can restore an entire device, or just part of the data.
However , ANDROID APPS / Settings Might not be possible to backup Individually, Unless If you backup and Restore the Entire Phone ...

Please Follow up on the HELP SECTION DISPLAYING Backing up and restoring device data In the Blackberry Link Software