Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Contributor
Diwaker33
My Device: BB - Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone - INDIA

** URGENT** Error Code 403 while setting up MS active Sync

Dear BB team,

As per subjected line issue, i've already researched a lot on forums and i coundn't find ANY convincing resolution to the problem - Access should be available soon error 403.

MS active sync is ENABLED with all the desired protocols and it is surprising for me that new BB OS is having this bug or no proper resolution. I'm using BB from past 4 years and was a very happy customer and was very exicted BB Q5, however, it's battery life, not being user friendly and specially Email confugration has disappointed me a lot and i'm sure others will also agree to this.

Can i please expect a promising answer to this MS active sync issue ? :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks,
DG
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ** URGENT** Error Code 403 while setting up MS active Sync

Hello,

Since you have not listed what you have already researched, I cannot tell, from your post, if this KB applies, is redundant to what you've already looked at, or is just not applicable...nevertheless:

• KB31297 Error Code: 403 "Access should be available soon" when trying to add an Active Sync account to the BlackBerry PlayBook

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Diwaker33

Hi ,

I've viewed already http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Work-email-error-code-403/m-p/2420507/highligh... and KB31297

Your last message is specifically for BB PB and i'm using BB Q5.

Please advise, thanks.

Thanks,
DG
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Being only a user, like you, but just happening to volunteer time here in this user-to-user community, I have access to nothing more than what is already provided in the references you have noted. There may be other/newer KBs/threads perhaps, and you can search these databases just as well as I can.

When all else fails, contact your mobile service provider for formal support and/or escalation to BlackBerry for enhanced formal support.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Diwaker33

Usually not the answer i was expecting. 

Can you please guide me how to further highlight the same to BB for further support, as i've already tried with my current service provider and IT team in my company.

Thanks,

DG

Thanks,
DG
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Diwaker33 wrote:

Usually not the answer i was expecting. 

Really? What were you expecting then?

Diwaker33 wrote:

Can you please guide me how to further highlight the same to BB for further support, as i've already tried with my current service provider and IT team in my company.

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Diwaker33

Hi SD,

I've also seen the post for getting the BB formal support, however, in this case, i've no clue how to proceed.

In India, we usually DO NOT purchase handset with carriers under contract.

My expectations as said earlier - Let me know where the possible issue is?

- I've seen people facing this issue with OS10 BB phones. However still coundn't find any CONCRETE resolution.

- Is it a BB OS 10 bug?

- Is this a carrier related issue?

- Is this something which a company IT team needs to resolved.

Just give me a path to proceed, so that i can likewise chase.

Just FYI - I've upgraded OS 10 to 10.1.0.4633 & battery back up is amazing after that. Call lag has been resolved.

Please help me for this MS active sync issue.

Thanks,

DG

Thanks,
DG
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Diwaker33 wrote:

I've also seen the post for getting the BB formal support, however, in this case, i've no clue how to proceed.

In India, we usually DO NOT purchase handset with carriers under contract.

Then, as you read that information, you must have seen how your carrier is not the only channel for support. Indeed, you must have read how I have no way to know exactly what your actual channel is, for your channel is dictated by your contract (either for purchase of services or purchase of your device), which I cannot see and therefore have no insight into. From what I've seen here on these forums, in India it is typically a Service Center model for formal support...but again, I have no way to know for sure...you have access to infinitely more information than I have access to (e.g., you have your contracts, I do not).

I would recommend you involve your IT folks along with whatever formal support channels they have -- server-side support is often different from end-user support. There is a section of this site where your IT folks can seek support from other server-side admins:

Diwaker33 wrote:

My expectations as said earlier - Let me know where the possible issue is?

- I've seen people facing this issue with OS10 BB phones. However still coundn't find any CONCRETE resolution.

- Is it a BB OS 10 bug?

- Is this a carrier related issue?

- Is this something which a company IT team needs to resolved.

Just give me a path to proceed, so that i can likewise chase.

Just FYI - I've upgraded OS 10 to 10.1.0.4633 & battery back up is amazing after that. Call lag has been resolved.

Please help me for this MS active sync issue.

Trust me, if I knew, I would tell you...I have no motivation to withhold anything from you. Perhaps you are thinking that I have access to additional information? If so, then you are again mistaken, as one of those prior links I provided to you clearly explains, I am just another user like you, and this site is a voluntary contributed user-to-user community. I don't work for BlackBerry, I don't work for your carrier, I don't work for your Service Center. I have access to nothing more than you have access to. From all you have told me only formal support can help you solve your issues, and this forum is not a channel for receiving any formal support. You must do as is described in your documentation for seeking such...but, again, I have no access to your documentation to tell you what it says.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Diwaker33

Thanks for your time in replying to my messages. Let me see for a workaround.

- DG

Thanks,
DG
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
navdeep_ahuja
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Not exactly for MS Outlook:

But the Intent for throwing out error is somewhat similar: Refer Article KB31297

Btw, I am facing the same issue that you are: 

Having the Corporate Policy changed around 1 phone is stupidness, hence asking for a resolution from Gurus.

Refer to my post:

Please use plain text.