Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Contributor
viln
My Device: Q5 - PlayBook - Curve 9300
My Carrier: virgin
Accepted Solution

Wiping my Q5

[ Edited ]

When u wipe your Q5 using BlackBerry protect, can u your backup to get your phone back to were it was before?

I assume you can, but on the BlackBerry protect it say 'Wiping your device will permanently delete all data from your device and your media card, including contacts, applications, and photos. This cannot be undone. Some data cannot be backed up using BlackBerry Protect (including applications, photos, and email messages). This data will be permanently deleted from your device. You will not be able to use BlackBerry Protect to find your device after wiping it.'

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Wiping my Q5

BlackBerry Protect does NOT backup data on the Q5, Q10, Z10, or Z30. You will need to make a manual backup using Link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
viln
My Device: Q5 - PlayBook - Curve 9300
My Carrier: virgin

Re: Wiping my Q5

Ok, got it

Please use plain text.