Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: *

alarm on Q5

is it possible to set multiple alarms on the Q5?

for ex : one alarm for weekdays and one alarm for weekends? i cant find that option...the recurrence tab only seems to let u pick one alarm time for the days picked

again, this seems rather backward 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 (OS 10.3.1.2726)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: alarm on Q5

Hello Anjalif

No friend is not possible until now, set a different alarm for what you want ...

but I think in the general calendar options if you want to add an appointment or recordarios think you have the option of placing an alarm for that exact date maybe even the tone not sure.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Veteran I Gutijose14

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: *

tnx

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Anjalif wrote:

is it possible to set multiple alarms on the Q5?

for ex : one alarm for weekdays and one alarm for weekends? i cant find that option...the recurrence tab only seems to let u pick one alarm time for the days picked

again, this seems rather backward 

What is your OS release on your device?

I know that setting multiple alarms in available on OS 10.1.0.2453 and higher.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: 02

I know this may seem odd, but how did blackberry manage to only have 1 alarm on a phone? Not only have previous models had more than one alarm.

Am I the only person that thinks that the Q10 and Q5 have been incredibly poorly designed, software wise especially

[ Edited ]

Only one alarm?

hmm... If you have 10.1 OS installed, and I believe both the Q10 and Q5 were released with OS 10.1, you should have the ability to set multiple alarms on the device.

I know mutliple alamrs are included as you upgrade to OS 10.1.0.2354 and higher.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have Q5 OS 10.1.0.2342

I have Q5 OS 10.1.0.2342 and when I click update software it says I have the latest?

I have noticed that the thought and functions that have been put into this phone are poor!

Another example the other day I had a missed call, wanted to text that number back and It was cumbersome to do so.

I hope they fix these in future updates because If they do not it will be the last time I buy a blackberry, I have an 8520 that I can wiz around on a text and phone everyone in seconds.

The Q5 is challenging to use and user unfriendly, but what I don’t understand is how these very basic elements have not been implemented, it’s just poor in my opinion and for me unless black berry update these in future software releases I will not be using them again

martin1 wrote:

Another example the other day I had a missed call, wanted to text that number back and It was cumbersome to do so.

That has been added now also in a higher OS release, I think 10.1.0.4687

martin1 wrote:
I have Q5 OS 10.1.0.2342

I have Q5 OS 10.1.0.2342 and when I click update software it says I have the latest?

Then that is the latest OS your mobile provider has released. You can manually install higher OS releases from other BlackBerry sites which might have been leaked. That's up to you.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I don’t mind these inefficiencies if they are fixed and ideally quickly. I mean if blackberry are really short of ideas about menu options etc surely a simple way to success is to base them on the iphone/Samsung menus. Really not a challenging concept.

Although maybe if they had bothered to copy/mimic the rivals they wouldn’t have ended up in the situation they are in today.

May I ask why my operator hasn’t released the latest software to me/I would kind of prefer not to go manual as if something goes wrong etc….what do you think ?

Hey Martin, I'd be glad to continue to help you out here and answer question. The majority of your posts seem to just want to complain, and that's ok. But I'd rather move along and help you where needed with the device.

I have no idea why O2 has not released a higher OS. But you can ask and encourage them!  See twitter @O2

Just to add, I see lots of posts in this forum and others. I have another thread here of a half dozen Q10 ten users complaining just the opposite, "Why is BlackBerry trying to copy everyone else, I want my BlackBerry back like it was in 2010", "too much new stuff, don't copy Apple", "too much like their copying iPhones and Samsung!".

So, personal opinions abound. I don't think BlackBerry is short on ideas. BlackBerry10 was built from the ground up, not based on any previous platform. Sometimes I think the developers had never touched a BlackBerry or iPhone, but is evolving.

And personally, I would not be afraid to manually install the higher OS especially if certain functions are vital to you.

Knowledge Base Updates