Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
borut
My Device: q5 sqr100-3
Accepted Solution

blackberry q5 won't send or receive text messages

I have new unlocked Q5 OS 2.0.415 and can't send or receive SMS. I can send MMS but can't receive it. I register device in network, try all routing preference, service centre no. is ok, When i send sms, little red clock appears, after restart there is little red X. Please help!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: blackberry q5 won't send or receive text messages

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

SMS is a purely voice-level service provided by the mobile service provider, and not technically a component of the BB-level services. Hence, you need to work with your formal support from your mobile service provider to resolve this. If you are paying them for SMS services and they are not delivering them, then they need to resolve that. If they need enhanced assistance, they can formally escalate to BlackBerry for that...but you cannot.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
borut

Thanks for quck response, but this is not a provider problem. SMS work normally in my old (android) phone with same SIM card.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Regardless of a provider problem or not, no one here in this user-to-user community can provide you with ANY formal support of any kind. Only your provider can give you formal support. Only your provider can escalate to BlackBerry if this is indeed a BB service-level issue.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
borut

At service provider we try with other sim cards (micro + cutted ordinary) and after enter pin was notificated 'SIM locked' In settings/mobile network we try to unlock SIM and Q5 freeze. My peronal SIM have disabled PIN protection and phone and mobile data transfer works fine? By the way, My SIM is micro and new. Looks like there is some Blackberry  malfunction.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Interesting. Definitely some things to be resolved there, your service provider is likely best placed to conduct diagnostics. If you didn't purchase your device from your mobile service provider, that might complicate support matters for you. But, based on what you describe, I definitely feel that formal support is your best method to follow.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
borut

After 2.1.537 update seems to be OK.

New Contributor
borut

I just make some tests. Receive and send messages (SMS and MMS) properly. Have problem with recognising symbols ( :smileyindifferent: ) from Windows phone, but works with Android and Symbian symbols. :Yes: