Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
niel346
My Device: blackberry Q5
My Carrier: unlock
Accepted Solution

how to update Q5 unlock to 10.2.1

hey guys i have a blackberry Q5. and i have tried alot ways to update my phone but i cant seem to update. I hope somebody can help me with this.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: how to update Q5 unlock to 10.2.1

The easiest way to update your phone is to wait for the update to arrive from your carrier. Many carriers are slower at testing and evaluating a new OS so you might end up waiting.

Another method is to look online for the version of OS that you seek and to download and install it yourself. There are tutorials in these forums which explain how to load an OS from any carrier worldwide. You can also check out Crackberry for instructions on finding and loading a new OS to your phone.

Just keep in mind that if you load an OS that is not yet offered by your carrier and anything goes wrong, you won't get support from your carrier; you'll have to come here for help.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
niel346

my phone is already opened line or unlocked. do i need to insert a sim card that already realesed an update? coz some of ur advice i already did that.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If you want the update from a carrier that has already released it, then yes you'll need that carrier's SIM card. That's how your phone identifies from which carrier to search for an update.

However a SIM card from a specific carrier is not necessary when searching for and installing an update from another carrier or when downloading it from the internet.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakhtar86
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Unlocked

I have an unlocked phone. I am trying to update it. It is currently runing on Black Berry OS 10.2.0.424. When I chose to update it, it says that the device is runing on the latest version. Its very very frustrating for me. How can it be the most latest version when 10.2.1 has already been released.

I bought it 10 days ago. I need this update to install android apps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakhtar86

Can anyone help me? How can I update? Its an unlocked phone and I am using lyca mobile
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakhtar86

Waiting for a reply from some1. I do not want to buy a contract just to update my software
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
niel346

use sachesi thats what i did and it worked for me
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakhtar86

Yes but it will be a cracked version? Right? Is it stable?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakhtar86

Also which carrier should I use in sachesi? I have to chose one and my phone is nt linked to any carrier
Please use plain text.