Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Contributor
Anjalif
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: *

speed dial on the Q5

is it not possible to use speed dial directly from the keyboard (like in the previous blackberry's) without having to go to the phone app and tap on the keyboard and THEN hold down the key?

will the software be upgraded to allow this feature? otherwise it seems the Q5 is regressing by adding further steps to what was a super feature earlier

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.2234)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: speed dial on the Q5

Hello Anjalif...

We expect the new Automatic Up the OS10 acuerdate increasingly integrate new features and improvements with respect to the new OS Blackberry desarrallo 10.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Anjalif wrote:

will the software be upgraded to allow this feature? otherwise it seems the Q5 is regressing by adding further steps to what was a super feature earlier

Yes, the full homescreen speed dial function will be return in OS 10.2 and to a lesser extent in a 10.2 upgrade.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kb08
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi!

Yes, it is possible to speed dial on the Q5.

Go to the call screen (press handset icon on the bottom left of screen). Then bring up the numeric keypad. Having done this, swipe down from top of the screen area. Tap on "Settings" (visible on right hand side top). Tap on "Keypress Speed Dial". Thereafter, assign the phone numbers against the letters (A-Z). In order to use keypress speed dial, you'll have to go into the call screen, bring up the numeric keypad and then hold down the letter (corresponding to the phone number) that you wish to dial.

Note: BBOS10 has a HUGE lag time between dial/send and actual dialling. Its quite frustrating really!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kb08

Hi Anjalif,

I'm sorry, I just noticed that you are on the Q10. Anyways, I'm quite sure the Speed dial (as I have described in my earlier post) can be made to work on the Q10 too...Do confirm if you could get it working....ciao...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, it's the exact same process to save speed dials on the q10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anjalif
My Carrier: *

thats the problem ...its a process....a number of steps instead of immediate access like the older models had....its not longer really a speed dial :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kb08

Hi! I could not agree more!!!! Noticably, some of the basic "telephone" features seem to regress into "complicated" with the phones becoming "smarter"....Let me add a quick "feel good" factor here for you - a recently launched state-of-the-art water and dust proof Android phone does not even come close to providing speed dial. Having said that, I disliked (until recently) to compare my BlackBerry with any other phone.

I am sure Support is listening in and will roll out enhancements in due course....

Ciao....

Please use plain text.