Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

jasminx
My Device: Blackberry Q5

water damage, dropped down the toilet blackberry Q5 need help

i just dropped my blackberry Q5 down the toilet it was only on for about 10 seconds or inder and had a case on, it worked for a few seconds then turned off, then when i rurned it on the battery sogn was on so i putit on charge then after a while it just went black and wont turn on. ive tried drying ot with a hair er radiator but it doesnt work and i have no rice, HELP!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: water damage, dropped down the toilet blackberry Q5 need help

The first thing to do when a device gets wet is to immediately remove the battery. Then the device MUST be thoroughly dried out before turning on. Since you attempted to turn it on while it was still wet it's most likely damaged beyond repair.

Water doesn't destroy the device. Water + electricity does. Failure to immediately remove the battery probably cooked it.

That said, you should place the device in a warm place (like on top of a TV or stereo receiver, etc.) and let it dry for a few days. Don't try to turn it on. Or go invest the couple dollars on a bag of uncooked rice and place the device in it for a few days.

It may or may not return to working order. It could have also shorted out the battery and a new battery may revive it. Either way the device needs to thoroughly dry out first.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
jasminx

thanks but i dont know how to remove the battery from a Q5

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Sorry, I was thinking Q10 (even though you clearly said Q5.) Sorry.

There's little you can do then since you can't remove the battery. Try the instructions for drying it and cross your fingers. That's about all you can do. Sorry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
jasminx

Thanks for the advice
Please use plain text.