Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
sestelling
My Device: Not Specified

5.0 Upgrade - Calendar locks up when selecting appt. time.

I upgraded my Storm 9530 to 5.0.328 and when entering a calendar item, it will lock up and freeze when I select the time to change.  If I enter the appt. only and save, it is fine.  Just when I select the time (or date) to change.  Obviously this is a 5.0 issue as it worked perfect before upgrading.  (I use Google Sync to my Gmail calendar.  Contacts are working fine.)

Exact error is:  Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_calendar_app(190) is not responding: process terminated.

Otherwise as far as I can tell for now, everything else is working okay with the upgrade.  Any ideas, fixes, etc.?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: 5.0 Upgrade - Calendar locks up when selecting appt. time.

This is not a common problem and is not a 5.0 OS problem.  Seems to me that something went wrong with the upgrade.

My recommendation would be to backup your phone's data using BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then reload the OS using the steps in the following link.  Note, if you have not downloaded and installed the OS installer from the Verizon website, I'd strongly recommend doing so.  You can download the OS file from http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx and then just install the OS to your computer.

To reload the OS, use the steps here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

This should resolve things and get everything back up and running correctly.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sestelling

I reloaded the OS, reset everything, etc., and still no luck.  The issue seems to be when I click on a time within calendar or for example, under options to set the time my day starts.  It froze again and had to remove battery to even get it to work.

Question, under calendar options, I noticed wireless sync was set to no and grayed out.  I use Google sync.  Is this okay?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hmm, if the OS reload did nothing then there must be something else going on.  I don't use Google Sync, so I can't say if that's the problem.  I'm going to ask some other users to take a look at the thread.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sestelling

If it's any help, I noticed when I click on the time to change, the 123 indicator shows up in the upper right corner of the screen.  Same if I click the date field.  Very odd issue.

FYI - I use Google sync for my calendar and contacts since syncing to Outlook/Hotmail contacts/calendar wasn't possible (easily).  It works like a charm!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

1. The 123 appears because you are in a number field. No issue there. Ignore it.

2. The fact that wireless sync is disabled or greyed out is normal. You are not syncing the calendar wirelessly, but using Googlesync.

3. I would suggest this, turn off the google sync app for now, disable it or whatever, then reboot the device (With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.)

Confirm the google sync remains off when rebooted, AND try entering a calendar appointment now.

Does it work ok? Good, we know the culprit?

If not, back to square one.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sestelling

Worth a try but it didn't work.  It seems to be an issue with any selection of a date to change, or a time to change whether within an options setting, contact, or calendar item.  Very odd.  Freezes when selecting so it must be something with the field that opens to adjust with arrows up, down, etc.

Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I would backup your device.

Then wipe your device using Options > Security.

Then reload the OS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sestelling

I'm reverting to 4.7 until the 5.0 bugs got worked out, trying to get it to come back on so I can restore.  I'm ready to scream from all this nonsense!  I would rather go back to a working version than mess with these teidous problems that make the necessary applications worthless.  If anyone has any better ideas, or can point me to a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.  Reloading the OS time and time again is not fixing the problems.  Frustrating.

Please use plain text.