Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
sjcgill
My Device: 9500 storm

9500 error 507, phone not recognised by BB manager, cannot restore software.

Right, i updated my storm today, and received the dread 507 reload software error.

I am attempting to restore my backup to the phone, but the manager software does not recognise the phone anymore...

both KB02792 and KB11320 are useless because the walkthroughs fail as soon as i get to the stage of reloading software through the blackberry manager.

Any suggestions on how to restore my phone's OS and software?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9500 error 507, phone not recognised by BB manager, cannot restore software.

Error 507 simply means no operating system is recognized on the device.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

If this fails, please state specifically at what point or the error that you see at the failure point.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjcgill

Re: 9500 error 507, phone not recognised by BB manager, cannot restore software.

Hmm, so rather then restore my backup i need to reinstall the operating system, fair enough.

Problem is the dropdown for meteor does not list software for the 9500 on the meteor network.

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

OK, you're certain you device is a 9500 model (not a 9530, 9520, 9550) Please confirm and I will find the OS file for you to download.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjcgill

Yes it's a 9500, it was originally on vodafone UK, until i moved to ireland and switched to Meteor.

Perhaps reinstalling the OS from Vodafone UK would work?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjcgill

Well downloading and installing a new OS is now a moot point, as i cannot connect the phone to my PC at all, plugging it in via USB just results in a loop of connect/disconnects as the USB fails to recovnise the device. I've installed the 6.1 usb drivers, and the USB ports work fine for all my other devices, but the phone just isn't connecting.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

eh, it's really not a moot point.

And no, you should have to install the specific carrier OS, there's no difference regardless of which carrier it's from..

Make CERTAIN you are connected to a main rear USB port. Not a hub or front PC port. Or, make use of a different PC if you can.

For the 9500, OS release 5.0.0.1005 is the latest release, and you can find it here with instructions:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/242864-latest-os-9500-5-0-0-164...

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjcgill

I've tried all my usb ports, it won't connect to any of them.

I'll try on my work machine tomorrow, and see if that helps.

Gotta admit, this is a little annoying :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Does the device CHARGE when connected to a wall outlet charger?

You may need to use BBSAK or JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
For BBSAK, here is the link: http://bbsak.org/

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjcgill

Can't tell if it's charging or not, all i have is the white screen with the Reload Software: 507

Please use plain text.