Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
koolburro42
My Device: Not Specified

9530 Freezes after 5.0.0.328 Upgrade...

I recently Upgraded to 5.0.0.328 without any issues (using Desktop Manager auto update). The storm runs beautifully with it until randomly the device just freezes completely and the battery needs to be pulled. One thing I noticed is it might be locking up when I am typing something (can't say for sure though). 

I found one possible solution here:

Storm Freezing after 5.0 Upgrade

So I followed the steps outlined to download the OS from Verizon then install to device using loader.exe. This procedure worked and I got the OS reinstalled. However, it did not resolve the issue. As I was replying to a SMS message the phone locked up twice. I am going to have to downgrade to 4.7 again which is very disappointing... I have tried reloading 5.0.0.328 multiple times all with the same results. The phone just locked up on me again and it was while I was typing (in landscape).

Do you have any other thoughts on what could be happening here?

Contributor
didsConsing

Re: 9530 Freezes after 5.0.0.328 Upgrade...

Hi i have the same problem.

and still waiting on a solution.

ill let you know if i find one.

Contributor
sbsmith

I have the same problem. Since I upgraded, the phone freezes periodically. Seems like it is related to memory. I do a battery pull and it is fine.

Then this morning, it froze, did a battery pull and the phone would not reboot. Just the flashing red light. After about 30 minutes and calling Verizon it did reboot but would shut down. Very Weird!  Now it is working again, I assume it will continue to freeze.

BTW, when talking to Verizon, I stated the issue about the freezing since upgrading and would you believe that they have never heard of anyone else having that problem!

New Contributor
koolburro42

Yeah, this issue is pretty ridiculous and disappointing... I've had to downgrade to 4.7.0.148. Though a stable OS, it's unfortunate we can not take advantage of OS 5.0. Now I'm just waiting around for RIM to release an update to 5.0.0.328. Which may come soon as there seems to be chatter on some BB sites about version 5.0.0.415 being leaked for the Storm 9500... Maybe this means 5.0.0.415 is on its way for the 9530? If so, lets hope this issue is addressed in that update.