Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 9530 calendar items not synching to Outlook 2003 calendar

I won't be able to try the above steps on my case until Monday, but will try them then.
New Contributor

Did the scan/repair on the .pst file, which showed some items needing to be repaired, but the repair didn't help the synch issue. 

Might try exporting all message/calendar data out of Outlook, create a new profile, import it in the new profile and then synch.  Any additional thoughts?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. That sounds like a pretty reasonable suggestion to me. Let us know how it works.  Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Ok Folks!  Called Verizon, who eventually patched me through to Blackberry, and the Blackberry technicians helped me fix the problem.

It was the FACEBOOK APP!  Apparently the newer version of it integrates with your calendar, and it's buggy, and it corrupts the Storm.  I wrote down all the steps to fix the problem as we did them so I could post it back up on here.  The guy told me that they know of the problem, and that Facebook is speedily working on an upgrade to fix the issue.  In the meanwhile... STAY AWAY from the Facebook App!

Disclaimer:  This worked for MY problem, and I make no claims that it will fix your problem.  But it did work for me.

1.  Make a complete backup of all your data on your phone using the Blackberry Manager.

2.  Delete the Facebook App from your storm.

3.  Delete any Facebook entries inside "Service Books".  To get to that you go:  Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books.  In my case there were 2 entries.  I deleted BOTH.  Highlight them, and then press the physical blackberry menu button and click Delete on each.

4.  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA!  Then Wipe the Phone Clean (including 3rd party apps). To get to that you go:  Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> then press the physical blackberry menu button and click "Wipe Handheld".  Make sure you click on the checkbox to include 3rd party apps to also be deleted before confirming.

5.  Re-sync your data with Outlook using the Blackberry Manager as usual.  If it works... you are all set!

6.  You'll have to re-install any other 3rd party apps that you had on your phone as well.  Note:  Blackberry just came out recently with Blackberry App World.  A new app that you can install from "Applications".  The guy told me that he recommends only installing apps from there, because they are the only ones that have been thoroughly inspected by Blackberry as well to work.  (I'm sure this won't stop anyone from using other 3rd party apps... but I thought I'd pass that bit of knowledge along as well.)

Hopefully this will help some other people.

Good luck!  And "Keep the Faith" that Verizon will release the OS system upgrade sometime soon.  Smiley Wink

New Contributor

This doesn't make a bit of sense to me.  If the main problem is that the calendar events on the phone aren't getting to the calendar in Outlook, how is deleting everything from the phone and re-synching going to do anything?  With no calendar items in Outlook, if I erase all data on the phone then where are my calendar items going to be?  All the calendar items on the phone (which is the ONLY place they are) will be gone and there will be nothing to synch.

Is there some step you left out of your instructions??

Contributor

I’m not sure if this will help but No where have I seen it asked which calendar is your primary.  Using multiple calendars works on the BB; however, only one will sync with your Outlook – that being the primary.  If your unit was syncing fine prior perhaps the primary address changed somehow or you began entering appointments on one of your other calendars. 

Try the following on your BB.  Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.  Confirm Calendar (CICAL) & Messaging (CMIME) defaults are set correctly.  This may be why syncing stopped.  Also, if these are set correctly it may be that your calendar view was changed on your BB from show all or your primary to another calendar on the BB.  You may be entering your appointments under a calendar other than you’re your primary.  Go to your calendar > Select Calendar  > Choose your primary calendar associated with your default.  Now confirm that the future appointments you’re trying to sync are there.  If they are in the wrong calendar you are going to have to re-enter them and they should sync fine.  If they are entered incorrectly I am not aware of a way to change which calendar an appointment is associated with on the BB.  You think this would be an option.  There is a work around for this but I won’t get into that unless you conform that is the problem. 

New Contributor

That looks like the problem here...

In my client's Blackberry, when I choose Calendar > Select Calendar, I see two calendar options:

1.  myclient@myclientsdomain.com

2.  default

The email address in the first option is the same address for my CICAL and CMIME settings.  There are some appts in each calendar, but it looks like the bulk of calendar items is in the "default" calendar (which are the ones missing from Outlook).  

So is there any way to transfer/merge the default calendar items to the user calendar?

Highlighted
Contributor

On the BB I don’t think it is possible to transfer / merge.  I wish there was.  A work around would be to do the following: 

Set the default calendar to the calendar on the BB you have your appointments on that are NOT synchronized to Outlook.   Now sync using the DM with a one way sync and make sure you don’t choose replace all data in target application.  This should put those appointments on your Outlook.  After doing this clear the calendar entries on the BB.  Not sure of the best way to do this.  If you can go thru on the BB entry by entry that would be the easiest.  If there are too many for this method, possibly Options >Advanced Options>Service Book then delete the related service book associated with that account - After doing that you’ll need to resend the service books from the BIS website to restore this address on your BB if desired. 

After deleting the old entries on the BB change the sync setting on your DM so that your calendar does a one way to the BB to repopulate the BB under the correct calendar.  On the DM: Configure Syncronization  > Synchronization Tab.  Highlight & Check Calendar.  Choose Microsoft Outlook <next>.  Pick one way sync TO device (you decide if you want to relace all entries in the device…this will only effect your primary calendar). <next>.  Pick transfer all scheduled items if that is what you want. <next> & finish.  IMPORTANT:  now change the default calendar on your BB to your desired default calendar using the directions in my prior reply.  Now sync the BB using the DM and the one way sync.  This will repopulate your BB under the correct calendar.  After this occurs successfully go back and change the sync setting on your DM to your desired setting.  You should be good to go after this.  Good luck!