Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
InternatMatt
My Device: 9550 Storm 2
Accepted Solution

9550 unknown status symbol

I have a new symbol on my screen that I cannot identify. It looks like the voicemail symbol 0_0 but is much smaller & has 2 dots over it. it says 10 to the left, assuming 10 new whatevers.... The voicemail symbol was next to it when I first used my phone today (so it's clearly not the voicemail), but went away when I set up my new voicemail for the first time (I am using it with a foreign carrier while out of the country for a few months).   there are no voicemail messages.

Anyone seen anything like this?  The symbol is not listed in the user guides/keys from BB. I couldn't find any solutions on this forum yet either.    I went through every program & menu item & there are no unread messages of any kind. 

thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
andreybutov
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

Re: 9550 unknown status symbol

Hi there.

That's an indicator that you have a "special" kind of a voicemail message waiting.

From my research, I got the following:

• One dot: Fax voice mail message waiting.
  •  Two dots: E-mail voice mail message waiting.
  •  Three dots: Other type of voicemail message waiting.

Hope this helps!

» Founder of Antair.
» Take a look at my recent work, and get in touch.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Andre, good stuff.

I have never seen those specific voicemail icons, they aren't used in the US.

Thanks.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
InternatMatt

Thanks for quick response!   any idea how to check an email voicemail?  The email accounts associated with my BB in the US do not have any unread messages. One of those email addresses was given to the foreign service provider, but again, no unread email.  When I call the voicemail it says there are no messages....  I'm stumped & persistent icons are like water torture to me. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
InternatMatt

I went back to the local Costa Rica cell company.  They said they do not have "email voicemail" so they do not know how to check the 10 messages my phone says are waiting & do not know how to clear this symbol off the screen.   Weird.   Not surprised they couldn't help though. They also issued me the same telephone number as someone else & didn't figure it out until I was having problems receiving calls & went back to their office 5 days later.    

Guess the email-voicemail symbol will go away when I get back to the states and resume Verizon service.

Please use plain text.
erinpardy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

On a Blackberry Curve 9300, do you know how to get rid of the "Other Voicemail Message waitin" Icon (with the three (3) dots)?

Any advice would be appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
cw1982
My Device: Curve 8530

[ Edited ]

Hi, I had this problem and this is what I did to fix it: I downloaded and installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager. There was a software update available for my BB. It rebooted and bam this dam thing was finally gone! I've had this for almost 3 weeks, and literally downloaded the BB desktop manager program to try and save my contacts before I totally wiped my phone, a window popped up and asked if I would like to update and its been all good from there. I'd talked to 4 different customer representatives about this, we'd left new messages/deleted, yanked the battery, totally taken off voicemail, created a new inbox, they did 'several things on their side' which all resulted in nothing but that stinking icon staring at me.  Good Luck I know how frustrating that thing is/WAS (MUHAHAHAHA)

EDIT: Sorry, in my excitement i forgot to post that I had the SMALL VOICEMAIL ICON WITH 3 DOTS

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Boldilocks
My Device: Bold 9780

thank you so much this was so helpful!!!

do you know how to get rid of these symbols?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you have an errant VOICE MAIL waiting icon on your home screen:
* Call your voice mail and clear the message.
* Call your BB from another line and leave a message. From you BB, call your voice mail and clear and delete your messages.
* If the above fails, pull your battery to reset and reboot your BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.