Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

.99 OS Problems

I was helping a friend download the new OS after i had succesfully downloaded it to mine.  When i installed it to his, exactly the same way as I did to mine, it didn't put his contacts in there but it did put in his pictures.  My DM was set to automatically make a backup first but I can't find the file.  Also, I went back down to the .75 and the same thing... The browser was missing.  He did a setup and clicked on a link and the browser came back (in .75). Everything is there, all his settings and email address and pictures just no contacts. 

Please help me. 
Thanks.
Solutions: 6,269
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: .99 OS Problems

I take it he does not a previous backup of the device?

Try searching the PC's entire hard drive for "*.ipd", which is the backup file the process makes before deleting and loading the new OS.

Also, on the BB, look at Options > Status > Menu > Database Sizes. What are the numbers next Address Book? If there are no contacts present it will read "0/0kb", if any are present it will show the number.

If something is there, go back to the Address Book > Menu > Filters and make certain all filters are UNchecked and save.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ok. I found the file.  Thanks alot.  Now this leads to more questions. Is there a way to see what is in the file before I do a restore.  The reason I ask is because the file size is about a tenth the size of my backup files.  BTW thank you so much for your quick reply.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Use this ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter application.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

You could also view it in txt editor...that would give you the details of the contents. I had to restore my contacts once that way.

Pictures of Mars totally make up for a lack of affordable health care!