Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

AMAZE GPS now available for the storm

[ Edited ]

The techs over at Amaze GPS have been working hard on this navigation for the storm, and now it works with the built in GPS!  Works just like VZ NAV, with voice guided directions. And best of all this is free!!!

Now, keep in mind that the UI is still being worked on to get it to work better with the click screen of the storm.

You can download the app here, just put in your storms browser:   http://demo.locationet.com/amaze/

once you get it installed, do a battery pull and everything should work fine.

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 03-28-2009 11:21 AM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Developer
cortecds
My Device: Not Specified

Re: AMAZE GPS now available for the storm

cool find!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jdino91xc
My Device: Storm 9530

Thanks for the app!
Please use plain text.
Developer
cortecds

cortecds wrote:
cool find!

Still needs some work.
The main thing is it is hard to navigate.
And it seems like it won't shut down properly.
I tried exiting and it still left the GPS running or something, so I had to do a battery pull to clear it.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
highrange101
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Could not get pass the login screen. Could be just me, deleted it. Might try again at a later time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

cortecds wrote:

cortecds wrote:
cool find!

Still needs some work.
The main thing is it is hard to navigate.
And it seems like it won't shut down properly.
I tried exiting and it still left the GPS running or something, so I had to do a battery pull to clear it.

as i stated in my first post, it does still need some UI work.

its hard to use because it doesnt use the storms click screen.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdskidso

Thanks Jeff, now we are getting somewhere. This release is so much better with the storm than the release several weeks ago. For those having problems, don't forget to disable. Compatibility mode. I am running BES OS .75 and the only problem I had today was loading the english voice files. I kept getting a communication problem message. I loaded the program OTA with no problem but can't get voice prompts until I load those files. Is this a known problem with this release or do you think it is a because this much upgraded version does not play nice with .75. At any rate, though not fully enabled, this just passed Nav4All as my favorite GPS app. Cdskidso
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

Will this always remain a free application? I don't wanna get used to it and then have to pay for it later on. That would bite.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgrisham

CDSKIDSO, I had the same problem with the voice files.  Did you ever get them download and work?  I'm using the non-BES flavor.  The program does everything else - just no talking.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdskidso

Re: Re: AMAZE GPS now available for the storm

Hi Cgrisham. I am working to find a solution. I went to the AmAze web site and logged on to their forums. Several posts were there regarding the same problem with 8300 and 8800 models. The Moderator posted that he repaired a bug in the download link. I posted a request that they check the current link for the Storm. I will try to download voice files in a few days to see if it was fixed. If not I will try a full download to my pc and transfer Manually through windows. I also requested the ability for the Program to dim or go to a night viewing mode. It is too bright for safe night driving. Thanks
Please use plain text.