Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Adding Software to BB Storm

I have not yet owned a Blackberry but I know other students in my class that do. I'm in nursing school and would like to have a software drug guide and medical dictionary on a handheld device. This is my whole reason for wanting a Blackberry. It is great timing because this new Storm looks like it will satisfy me quite well, that is, if the software will be compatible... A girl in my class has the BB Pearl and has a drug guide on it. Does anyone know if that is considered a 3rd party software, and if it worked on her phone, will it work on the storm? Any information on this would be awesome! This software will not be cheap and I neither will the phone so I need to know before I purchase both...

THANKS.

-B 

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Adding Software to BB Storm

Epocrats.

It should work on the Storm just fine. When you buy your Storm you normally have 14-30 days return time. Load the Application and test.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Do you own a BB and have you added software before? And is this considered 3rd party software?
Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

HorseCaak wrote:
Do you own a BB and have you added software before? And is this considered 3rd party software?

Several, many times, and yes.

And the name of the application is Epocrates, sorry for the misspelling above.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks, But another question. Have you used this software? I check it out at the site, they don't have the higher more expensive editions for BB. Just the free or cheaper ones. DO you know if this is exactly true or why this is?

-B