Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
gmgreenstein
My Device: Not Specified

Address Book Not Installed

After updating Desktop to 6.0.1.18 Bundle 21 my addrss book synch with Outlook 2010 doesn't work. The Deskstop organizer says Address Book is not installed, even after trying checking the Address Book to Outlook Box in the Configure Settings window.

I now having many missing contacts and some with many duplicates. The synch worked fine with prior versions of Desktop.

Please help.

New Contributor
tsanders563
My Device: Storm 9550

Re: Address Book Not Installed

I have the same problem.  I had 953 contacts and suddenly after a sync, I lost several hundred contacts, but 1 contact was replicated many times, so the total remains the same.  I have 2 PCs and both show "Address Book (not installed)", so I believe BB desktop sees a missing/corrupt address book on the phone.  I tried doing a complete restore of the phone to several past dates where I knew the phone was working correctly and it does not fix the problem.  The address book stays the same.

New Contributor
gmgreenstein

This problem continues to exist. Wherever I try to synch, everything works fine except the Address Book, which will not install nor synch. However, it did work fine before the last software update.

Now that there are at least two of us, perhaps someone at Blackberry will respond with a solution.

Contributor
sdpcte
My Device: 9550 Storm2

I had the same problem.  From other forums and other users having the same problem, I was able to resolve it, but it seems to be a growing issue.  The problem was updating the device software to the newest version.  Following the suggestions of others:

1. I did a full back-up (excluding contacts)
  2. Went to Device Update and selected Other Versions
  3. Selected the previous version

After that was loaded, I Activated my phone then Restored my phone from the previous backup (excluding the contacts).  Had to redo the sync config.  When configuring the address book, select One Way (Outlook to Device) replacing all.

That worked for me, did it just last week.

New Contributor
tsanders563
My Device: Storm 9550

Thanks, that solved it.

New Contributor
gmgreenstein

Thank you..... That did it. 

New Contributor
vessel
My Device: BB Curve 8530 smartphone

Thank you so much for this help.  Blackberry is pretty slow in responding to this.  Other suggestions confused me.

sdpcte wrote:

I had the same problem.  From other forums and other users having the same problem, I was able to resolve it, but it seems to be a growing issue.  The problem was updating the device software to the newest version.  Following the suggestions of others:

1. I did a full back-up (excluding contacts)
  2. Went to Device Update and selected Other Versions
  3. Selected the previous version

After that was loaded, I Activated my phone then Restored my phone from the previous backup (excluding the contacts).  Had to redo the sync config.  When configuring the address book, select One Way (Outlook to Device) replacing all.

That worked for me, did it just last week.

New Contributor
vessel
My Device: BB Curve 8530 smartphone

Thank you for the simple and effective solution.  Other suggestions confused me.  Blackberry overlooked a big bug here as it affected thousands of addresses of mine.