Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
ak600
My Device: Not Specified

Aerize card loader will not upgrade!

- Carrier   Verizon
- Model    Storm 9530
- OS       V4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181)
- App world client version   1.1.0.20
- BIS/BES/Both?   ???
- Application having issues     App World/ My World
- Description of issue:

I bought Aerize Card Loader directly from Aerize.  Now whenever I go to my world in the app world, it shows up with "Upgrade Available", but when I try to upgrade it from version 1.2 to version 1.2.1.9, I get the message, "Aerize Card Loader - SD card install utility is not available for download from App World".  

Is there any way I can get the upgraded version?   I've tried soft and hard resets as well as deleting and reinstalling app world.  No dice.  

I've contacted Aerize and they say the upgraded version is only available from App World. If I uninstall my current version, will I be able to install the one in the App World?  And will it work with my current serial code? 

Help and/or answers would be greatly appreciated! 
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Aerize card loader will not upgrade!

Hi ak600.  The reason that you are having problems with the download is because you purchased the application directly from Aerize and not AppWorld.  I'm surpised that App World is giving you the upgrade notifications though.

What I would do if I were you is to ensure you can redownload Aerize Card Loader to your phone in the event that the following doesn't work, then delete it from your phone.

Once you've deleted the application, try downloading/installing it from App World.  There is supposedly a 7 day trial, so download that version, then you should be able to input your serial number in order to activate the full version on your phone.

I'm about 95% certain that the above should work, but if it doesn't, then my suggestion would just be to reinstall the original version and so long as the application works correctly, don't worry about the upgrade.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Lazer
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold 2

Re: Aerize card loader will not upgrade!

If you delete & re-install the program, maybe all the applications that have been loaded onto the memory card will no longer be recoginized. (Could that be a good thing?)

My 9700 has been crashing & rebooting since I first got it, as often as 3 times a day (so far today - at 4pm).

I am hoping that this is the application that is making all the trouble and that upgrading to the new version will help, but I am having the same troubles getting the new version.  Even their own web site doesn't have anything later than version 2.0 available today. 

I have verified that I am using latest version of BB desktop (5.0.1) & handheld software (5.0.0.330),  though I understand that v 5.5.0.0.351 is available in Canada from Rogers since Nov. 26th, 2009.

Please use plain text.