Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Another great free app....FACE CALL

romajr86 wrote:
I installed this but it only shows me the contacts I already have pictures assigned for.. I only have 5 people who have pics assigned, and that's all it shows.

ya, i just did a wipe on my phone, and reinstalled this app, and its only showing contacts that have pics, which i like better that it was before.  maybe the developer made some changes since i originally downloaded it.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Forums Advisor III

for some reason the link i have in this posting for youtube doesnt work, even though it is correct, it may be a issue with youtube.

if you want to see the video, just put jeff1974w in the search on youtube, and you will see the videos.

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Jeff, you posted in message 5 of 12 on this thread

"i have added a youtube review for this app:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG26-czk_hU"

that link works, I went to it twice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
75>90>99>103>109>113
Apps: BB Maps, Google Maps, iSilo, QuickLaunch, Good Food Near You, Drink Book, Berry Buzz, Car Finder, AIM, V Cast Music/Rhapsody, Weatherbug, Storm Lock, Flashlight, Level, Pandora, RDM+
Games: Brick Breaker, Word Mole, Nintaii, Reversi, AI Checkers, Flight Path, Space Travel, Doodle,Helicopter, CoinToss
New Developer

[ Edited ]

The link in the first post has a couple of white space characters in the URL, which is why it isn't working hU%C2%A0 <- after the hU...

Also the BlackBerry platform doesn't handle large amounts of graphics, so I decided to reduce it to just the picture contacts, which a large number of people were asking for.

However my policy is to warn people about doing something dumb but let em do it anyway so I'm adding a menu option in so you can import all contacts, not just photo contacts.

This will make the app load/run slow depending how many contacts in your address book etc.

Message Edited by delta_foxtrot2 on 02-01-2009 10:57 AM
Forums Advisor III

hey delta, this is a awsome app you developed!!!!

New Developer

0.4.4 is now up, by default it only imports contacts with pics, but you can select "Import All Contacts" from the menu and then refresh address book to import all contacts.
Visitor

How do I get the pictures on my homescreen for quick access.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

cerdafied wrote:
Hello,

what you are asking for means in BlackBerry terms :
1) create an icon application that links to call a number
2) install that icon application

it's a developer thing, so the answer for normal people like us is "you cannot".

But you can look at the QuickLaunch application that adds shortcuts to phone numbers too :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Advisor III

cerdafied wrote:

you have to have pictures associated with your contacts (the program will only display contacts with pics)

when you open the app, your contacts that have pics will be displayed.  when you click them it will give you the option to call certain numbers or email that is associated with that contact.

Contributor

I had a little problem downloading and installing.  Did a battery pull and then tried again and it worked, great app.