Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
kidboy
My Device: Not Specified

Answering the phone defaulting to headset

This just started to happen, whenever I answer a call it defaults to "Headset" instead of the regular "Handset".  Why is that and how can I fix it?

Thanks! 

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Answering the phone defaulting to headset

[ Edited ]

Hello kidboy

I have run in to this in the past and the few times I have come across it was moisture that go into the headset jack that was causing the issue.  Did the device get damp or wet?  Have you tried plugging in a headset and removing it?  You may want to try and dry out the device a bit if it did get damp.

Let me know how it works out for you! 

Message Edited by SmoothRider on 07-24-2009 12:31 PM

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
chaile76
My Device: Storm

Re: Answering the phone defaulting to headset

Mine is doing the same thing... Nothing to do with moisture... Is there not a default setting option that can be selected?  I am almmost positive that with the previous Official software release 4.75 that there was such a setting... VERY ANNOYING!  Tried a battery pull and plugging and unplugging head set... turning off... charging... nothing...
Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.