Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
jayson624
My Device: Not Specified

App World

I just got a new phone, replacing my other (both storms... long story) and I want to transfer some of my applications that I purchased through App World (paypal) onto my new phone. I called Verizon today and they told

1) go to App world

2) click on my world (bottom right icon)

3) log in

4) you should see your applications you downloaded.

When I try to do that, I am able to get up to the sign in screen. After I enter my email address and password and click "login" I get the following message: "unable to authenticate user at this time. Please try again later."

I've looked around online and the only solution I could find was to do a hard reset and then reinstall app world. That did not work.

Has anyone had the same problem, or know of a solution?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: App World

has all the services been switched over to the new BB yet. Your voice, data, and BIS email all needs to be swicthed to the new BB to work
New Contributor
jayson624

Thanks for the reply drizzt09. Yes, everything is switched over to the new bb. VZW said they made the switch, is there a way I can check to make sure? I can make calls and I am receiving email from gmail so I know that works. Any idea?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

What are you using to log into AppWorld? You should be using your PayPal credentials...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jayson624

I just click on app world to load it. then when I go to log into "my world" I use my pay pal information.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

FYI -- We have a response from RIM on this authentication issue, but it is a request for a bit more data...but that data should not be posted here in the public forums. So, I will send you a Private Message (on this forum) with instructions as to how to proceed. FYI -- RIM is extending to you this assistance in, how shall I say, an out-of-channel fashion -- which normally comes at a fee, but in this case is being extended to you without that.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bobalooie
My Device: Storm 9530

I've got the same problem here after updating the phone to v. 5.0. I am trying to login into App World to retrieve the apps I purchased, but it says that I am not authenticated.

I tried logging in to support, but they do not recognize my PIN.

What the heck do I do?

Contributor
Thomv
My Device: 32 gb Playbook and Old 9630 - waiting for BB10

Just got my 5th Storm 2.  Am trying to get on BB App World to reload my software.  Am getting an error that states I have exceeded my pin changes.  What to do?  I see above that there is a reference that the answer should not be free  -  HOWEVER if RIM had made a good phone to start with, I would not be asking this question.