Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Apps

yes, you can use several stores, like MobiHand or Handango or BPlay.

AppWorld is available but requires a Paypal account.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdmintmi
My Device: Storm

i tried to go to app world, i have paypal account from ebay use.  but i couldnt figure out how to download the apps to my computer.  Did I miss something obvious?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

cdmintmi wrote:

i tried to go to app world, i have paypal account from ebay use.  but i couldnt figure out how to download the apps to my computer.  Did I miss something obvious?

Hi there!

Yup...AppWorld installs apps to your BB, not to your computer. When you use the PC/browser interface to AppWorld, it sometimes provides you the ability to install apps via the PC...but I don't use that as it has some other difficulties...not the least of which being that the catalog presented via that interface is not filtered. If you install AppWorld to your BB, it will, via the device interface, present you with only apps that are compatible with your BB -- a subset (if you will) of the full catalog visible via PC/browser. You can install apps directly to your BB via the device interface.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdmintmi
My Device: Storm

Thanks for the info.    I played with it some today and got a few apps from MobiHand.  I only messed up once and didnt notice one was "OTA only".   Think Ive gathered over todays playing that means "Over The Air" only and thus cant be downloaded to computer.  I downloaded two games, the slide to lock (like Ipod) app, and the little level thingy just to see if they would work.  They all work fine except the slide to lock was the one I didnt read carefully.  The website has very easy to follow directions for installing this way.  Just downlaod, unzip, and then its a peice of cake with the desktop manager.  I even noticed that if you check email they sometimes send you a discount for your next purchase which I thought was pretty nice.   All in all pretty productive learning day for myself.  Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Philip_Erwin
My Device: Not Specified

Hi

Being from Northern Ireland can be a nightmare at times in relation to Apps! There seems to be a lack of sporting Apps from Great Britain and Europe. I.E English League Soccer, all divisions, and European Soccer. The I phone does cater for these, (don't want an I phone). So having just got my BB 9520 S2 does anybody out there know of any good Apps from Great Britain and Europe, soccer wise? or anything else for that matter.

Just a thought!

Philip

Please use plain text.