Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
TheitalianMiz
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Apps

I found a couple one was on the App World link in the free apps. My primary suggestion would be for wap.crackberry.com look under the free apps there. The app isn't the easiest to figure out but does get the job done. Good luck Hit my Pin if u need anything else. Cheers.
New Contributor
TED1735
My Device: Not Specified

I went to pageonce.com website and review their security information and video and you may feel better about the security. pageonce.com is the actual website behind the application.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

The one and only YouTube app on App world seems to be a dud. Look at the reviews.

If you want and basic browser based YouTube app you can go to http://www.getjar.com or http://m.getjar.com on your phone. Select Blackberry then Storm and it should be there. If not use the search box.

This is the vendor that Google uses and distributes on their download page http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/. I tried to get it from them but when you get their text message with the download link a pages comes up and says "Device not compatable".

I have it loaded directly from Getjar.com on my Stiorm 9530 and my daughter's Tour 9630, it works fine.

If I have helped, be sure to give me KUDOS!!!

Regular Contributor
IraIHB
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

I came across "Aerize Card Loader- SD card Install Utility" on App World.

Looks interesting. It allows you to install/load and run apps from the SD card instead of using the device memory.

Has anybody tried it? 

If I have helped, be sure to give me KUDOS!!!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

IraIHB wrote:

I came across "Aerize Card Loader- SD card Install Utility" on App World.

Looks interesting. It allows you to install/load and run apps from the SD card instead of using the device memory.

Hello,

that's not exactly the way the tool works. You can store the application installer on the SD card. Then you can use it to install the application on the device memory of the device, that's all. You then use the application as if it had been installed with the Desktop Manager or directly from the browser.

It is a fine tool. I have read many issues if you download it using AppWorld, as you can see here :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

there is another competitor to that application "Aerize Card Loader" : it's AppWorld itself. With the latest version, you can store the applications on your media card too and install them from the media card :
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp#tab_tab_features
of course this only works for applications you have installed (free or premium) using AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
nick912
My Device: Not Specified

Im having a big problem with Apps dissapearing. I have had the phone for two days and I cannot access the slacker radio app, or the VZ Tunes App. I cannot figure out where they went to. They arent hidden because when I hit the menu button and hit show all they still do not show up. Any help would be appeciated!
Regular Contributor
class1dave
My Device: Storm

Re: Blackberry for basketball anyone???

The score clock was broken and the portable score clock was locked up in someone's house while they are on vacation in Auzzie land.

Then to my surprise, I found that the clock app has a timer program. Set the timer for 10 minutes and we used it to keep track of the time remaining while keeping score at basketball games.

Yes, I could have used my ipod with video except that it only had a stop watch or lap timer. The blackberry timer app was just what I needed. If only the alarm was louder!!!

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

nick912 wrote:
Im having a big problem with Apps dissapearing. I have had the phone for two days and I cannot access the slacker radio app, or the VZ Tunes App. I cannot figure out where they went to. They arent hidden because when I hit the menu button and hit show all they still do not show up. Any help would be
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums
Try removing your battery - then replacing it - all:smileyhappy:wing your phone to reboot.

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Storm 9530 5.0.0.328

So far I have the following apps: Weatherbug, Google Maps, ESPN Mobile Web, Speedtest, Slacker Radio, Poynt, and CBS Sports Pro Football. They work great, except the CBS which is slow at updating live scores.
New Contributor
cdmintmi
My Device: Storm

new to blackberry. wife jsut got me one for christmas to replace my crappy company phone.  They dont provide internet service on our phones, but my wife got me this one anyway.  Is there anyway to pay for apps with a credit card, download them to your computer and then transfer them to your phone?  I know you can do music this way, just wondering if you can do apps the same way.  Anyone know if this is poosible?