Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9520
My Carrier: O2

BB Storm 9520 - Missing BES option

Hi there

Hoping for some help - when I set up my email I only get the option for regular email accounts to be set up and not the BES option. I have set up my gmail account and that is fine. I have also set up my email account from work to synch via the web exchange but not through the BES.

I really want this option as I know it is the better way to be set up, we have BES set up on our work server I just need the option on my handset to do it!

Any help greatly appreciated.

DCH

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Storm 9520 - Missing BES option

Having "first" set up and therefore established that you are the "private" owner of your Storm operating with BIS you cannot unrung the bell, to my knowledge.  You might be able to restore to out of box condition and provision it under your company BES.  That though is surrendering control of your property to your corporate IT department.  That is not an option I would personally take with MY property.  Corporate BES generally have some rather restrictive IT policies.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9520
My Carrier: O2

I thought you might be right with the rung bell analogy so did a complete wipe / reset but the BES option still did not re - present itself sadly.

Seems crazy that I cannot re-establish the BES option though surely?

I'm really hoping somebody out there has the answer to this one for me?

DCH

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

So under Options | Advanced Options you don't have an Enterprise Activation choice? Do you have a BES plan from your carrier?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

BGO!  Military speak for Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious.  You have to get your carrier involved torovision it for BES.  You will have to co-ordinate with your corporate IT department and the carrier.  Again I might be wrong but you will have to have the same carrier.  Not sure on that...

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Once you have a BES plan from your carrier you'll have the Enterprise Activation choice under Advanced Options. Then your IT department can give you an activation password. From there you can enter your corporate email address and the password from your IT department, hit the menu button and choose Activate.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.