Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

chicodago
My Device: Not Specified

BB Storm doesn't fast forward or rewind media properly.

I've tried and read everything regarding this issue.  I am still unable to fast forward or rewind a song to my desired time.  I am a musician who conducts and directs several bands.  I NEED to be able to simply rewind the song to an exact number.  For Example:  the band screws something up @ 3:00 minutes into the song, all i need to do is rewind 10 seconds to 2:50.  It first allows me to do this, but then will actually vary in starting at a random 1:17 or 3:45.  It has not once worked properly.  I've done software updates and battery pop-outs and even un-installed the only third party app that I use (TalkLock), and it still has not allowed me to rewind or fast forward exactly where i want it.  

Please help, any suggestions? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Storm doesn't fast forward or rewind media properly.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

As a tiny handheld computer, it is my opinion that the function you desire is simply beyond the performance specs and capabilities of the device. That certainly is true of the native media player...I've no idea about any 3rd party players.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB Storm doesn't fast forward or rewind media properly.

I have noticed this occasionally before.  Sometimes its really easy to set the time on the media player, while sometimes it's not so easy.  What you should be able to do is place your finger on the little white indicator for where the song is, then drag that indicator forward or back.  It should say the time it is at underneath.  When you've dragged it to the right point, click the screen to start the playback from there.

Note, depending on which version of the operating system you are running on your phone, you may have an easier or harder time with this.

Just so that I know where we stand, can you let me know what version of the operating system is running on your phone?  You can find this by going to Options > About and it's listed after the v. (e.g. v4.7.0.148).

In addition, if you're finding it's being fidgety, you can try a battery pull.  Simply remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, reinsert and wait for the phone to reboot.  In some cases, this can help to fix such issues.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.