Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
HeatherL
My Device: Storm 9530
Accepted Solution

BB email auto-forwarding problem

I am trying to auto-forward the messages from my @vzw.blackberry.net email to my Yahoo account.  (I want to be able to have these emails on my PC.)  However, when I get into the set-up options for that email address, put in the Yahoo address in the auto-forward section, and then enter my password to save the changes, I get the following error message:

"Your device encountered a problem with this application's server.  Select OK and repeat the action to try again."

I have been trying to set the auto-forwarding up since last night.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Are there any solutions other than calling Verizon?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: BB email auto-forwarding problem

try doing that configuration from your desktop browser. You just have to go to the BIS website of your carrier.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HeatherL

Actually, I tried to get into my carrier's BIS website, but I can't get into that, either.  I originally set up my BB email right from the phone.  I tried using my user name and password that I originally had to choose to set up the BB email, but the website log-in screen tells me that my information is incorrect.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

If it's a problem with your password you can use the "Forgot Password" option. The password will be sent to your device in a message. But if it's a problem with the username, then if you call Verizon they can help you with that
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HeatherL

I ended up calling Verizon, and they were able to set up a new user name and password for the BIS website without having to re-add my email addresses.  Problem solved!  Thank you for trying to help!
Please use plain text.