Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
zahirabbas86
My Device: storm 9550
My Carrier: airtel india

BIS problem in my storm 9550

i am using storm 9550 (verizon unlocked from US). BIS was working perfectly for the past 6 months in india airtel. Suddenly stopped working and i keep calling airtel guys but they say the services are active in my mobile and the problem is with the RIM server as its a CDMA device. i tried all possible things still i get 'edge' in small letters, no go. Pls help as i am a proud user of BB since 3 yrs now.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BIS problem in my storm 9550

Hello zahirabbas86 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Storm2™ 9550 smartphone.

In Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table, do you have any entries listed? If not, then this indicates your PIN is not actively provisioned for a data plan and your mobile carrier will need to re-activate your place.

If you do have entries listed, press the Menu key and select Register Now. You should receive a message from BlackBerry Registration your Message folder confirming your device has been registered on the network. 

Let me know how you make out.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lendrema
My Device: BB 9550
My Carrier: vodacom south africa

HI, I also have the same problem. I am with VODACOM in South Africa but the consultants keep on putting the blame on my handset although I was working fine for the last six months

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi lendrema,

Is your Host Routing Table empty? If so then that indicates your data plan is no longer active and you will need to contact your mobile carrier to have the issue further investigated.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lendrema

thanks for the tip. I went to VODACOM South Africa but they don't (or pretend ?) have any satisfactory answer to this. So I decided to move to another provider MTN. Unfortunately they could not provide an appropriate sim card to allow me to keep my current number. Hence I have to be patient for another couple of days. Do you think it may really help ?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
tifanychisango
My Device: blackberry storm 9550
My Carrier: java programmer

Re: BIS problem in my storm 9550 my host routing folder is empty MTN user

hi

i have been calling my service prider which is MTN but they keep telling me stories which is so unhelpfull, my problem started when i re-activated my BIS then my EDGE disappeared ,is there anyone who know the way that can make my BB 9550 do its wonders again ,so frustated i am even thinking of being an iphone user since i have never had  one of their user crying like the way i am doing.

your help will be greatly appreciated

thank  you :Batman:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lendrema

hi tifany,
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lendrema

hi tifany,

I moved from vodacom to MTN last Sunday. BIS was working fine for 24h before stopping again. Here is a tip, if it may help. I brought my handset to the MTN support center in morningside sandton (don't call them, it is absolutely useless) and the two guys from blackberry there (they are from blackberry and not MTN) kindly assisted me to re set up my telephone.

I hope this will help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fracasi
My Device: 9550 storm 2
My Carrier: Tim

Hello!

I'm new and I don't know how to post my message ...

I have a 9550 unlocked and it was working fine in Italy with TIm since few weeks ago.

I have problem to "keep connect" my bb with the blackberry.net .. it is strange because I can use some app (whatsapp) and I can surf on internet by apn tin.it...

When I register my bb (I have a lot of numbers in the HRN options) it stay connect few seconds of 30 min... then no more e mail and BBmessenger...

What I can do? I called TIm (provider) but they say everything is fine...

I recently update my OS , that could be the problem???

I LOVE MY BB and I don't want to change it!!! ;(

THANKS

Francesca

Please use plain text.
kej_sanjeev
My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Some Problem With My BB 8520 for AIRTEL BIS

when i select host routing table and select REGISTER NOW...I dont get any reply/sms from bb regarding registration

Please use plain text.