Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
wimfleuren
My Device: Not Specified

BUGLIST: Basic Telephone Flaws Storm, easily to be corrected by RIM in next software update.

PLEASE BE SO KIND AND ADD TO THIS TELEPHONE BUGLIST

When powering up my storm i have to put in a 4 digit code to unlock my simcard.

after three digits i have to escape a message prompting me to hit the green key if i would want to dial the three digit emergency number.

after using the escape-key i can put in the fourth digit.

first it's not a very helpful hint (don't treat me as being dumb) and secondly it's tedious, can someone fix this?

when i dial a phone number i hear two sounds: the peep of the screen and the tone of the digit i dialed.

that's dumb.

can someone remove the peep when i put in a number?

i often loose the dialing screen so i cannot type in a digit when i am in a automated connection routine of a service number.

can someone program the dialing screen to be constantly up? I cannot see the reason of hiding it?

i cannot hold the phone between chin and shoulder, without having all kinds of  screen putins.

can someone program the screen to be locked/unlocked at MY wish,

This is a so annoying bug to everybody that there's third party software to fix this.

when using a bluetooth car kit the output level  of the Storm is too high. it leads to distortions. Using the volume controls at the side does not fix this.

Can someone program a setup-field in the Bluetooth option screen where i can change the basic output level 

after hanging up the phone in my car i hear a very disturbing loud and long beep.

i do not understand why.

can someone fix this, i am not so dumb that i have to be reminded by a peep that my phone call has ended.

Where can i find the RIM email address to send my buglist to.

I feel left to my own, not connected to RIM

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BUGLIST: Basic Telephone Flaws Storm, easily to be corrected by RIM in next software update.

Several of your "bugs" are not bugs, just you need adjustments or help for your device. You didn't ask in for help, but...

wimfleuren wrote:

when i dial a phone number i hear two sounds: the peep of the screen and the tone of the digit i dialed.

that's dumb.

Not a bug.

Options > Screen/Keyboard > Key Tone: OFF.

You will still hear the DTMF tone in all profiles, except when you are in Silent and Vibrate.

wimfleuren wrote:

i cannot hold the phone between chin and shoulder, without having all kinds of  screen putins.

This is a so annoying bug to everybody that there's third party software to fix this.

You need TalkLock for the Storm, to lock your screen while on a call. Very simple.

Look here:  http://www.cellavant.com/TalkLock/

wimfleuren wrote:

when using a bluetooth car kit the output level  of the Storm is too high. it leads to distortions. Using the volume controls at the side does not fix this.

Can someone program a setup-field in the Bluetooth option screen where i can change the basic output level 

Have you adjusted the telephone Audio Options from the Call Log > Menu > Options > General Options > 

--Default Call Volume

--Enhanded Handset Audio

--Enhanced Headset Call Audio

?

wimfleuren wrote:

bbsuggestions@rim.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
kentonvannatten
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BUGLIST: Basic Telephone Flaws Storm, easily to be corrected by RIM in next software update.

wimfleuren wrote:

after three digits i have to escape a message prompting me to hit the green key if i would want to dial the three digit emergency number.

first it's not a very helpful hint (don't treat me as being dumb) and secondly it's tedious, can someone fix this?

Does your password start with 911?  
Or -
the screen usually comes up with three choices, Unlock, Emergency Call, and Cancel if you click Emergency Call it will allow emergency phone calls to be made from a locked phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wimfleuren

Hello JSanders

thanks very much for your quick response.

!i'm afraid that i still keep calling them bugs: small hindrances that i would like RIM to change.

JSanders wrote:
Several of your "bugs" are not bugs, just you need adjustments or help for your device. You didn't ask in for help, but...

wimfleuren wrote:

that's dumb.

Not a bug.

Options > Screen/Keyboard > Key Tone: OFF.

You will still hear the DTMF tone in all profiles, except when you are in Silent and Vibrate.

This is correct, but what i wanted is to keep the beep in all applications and to only have the dtmf when calling

instead of the beep i would prefer a super-short click, the sound of a typewriter: the letterhammer hitting the paper .

now i turned the beep off and i'm half happy with the subtle click of the screen hitting bottom.

wimfleuren wrote:

You need TalkLock for the Storm, to lock your screen while on a call. Very simple.

Look here:  http://www.cellavant.com/TalkLock/

My point merely was that this app should be standard in the storm, I think it's simple to add a extra screen-button!

I consider it a flaw that i should not have to buy extra software for (even it's 2,95).

What do you think of  stormlock http://www.steelthorn.com/products/stormlock/

wimfleuren wrote:

Have you adjusted the telephone Audio Options from the Call Log > Menu > Options > General Options > 

--Default Call Volume

--Enhanded Handset Audio

--Enhanced Headset Call Audio

If i'm right:  I can find telephone, options, general options, headset,

i can choose: last; normal; enhanced base; enhance treble. it was on normal.

i still think the problem is in the bluetooth connection: I cannot choose/change the bleutooth amplification-level

wimfleuren wrote:

bbsuggestions@rim.com

thanks, most helpful

wimfleuren

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wimfleuren

kentonvannatten wrote:

wimfleuren wrote:

Does your password start with 911?  
No. it's just that in Europe the sim cards are different fom the us. 
Or -
the screen usually comes up with three choices, Unlock, Emergency Call, and Cancel if you click Emergency Call it will allow emergency phone calls to be made from a locked phone.
Both are not the case. The Storm starts-up with a screen where i have to fill in my 4-digit simcard code.

after the third digit i'm prompted to push send if it were a emergency call.

I have to escape that, put in the fourth digit and hit CR

only then i'm connected to the Vodafone network

I guess the European/Dutch routine is different from the USA routine , wich seems okay to me.

I think at this time it's weak programming and i would like it to be corrected.

thanx

wim fleuren

Please use plain text.