Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm2
My Carrier: Bakcell

Bad IMEI or PIN number on new device/

Hi everybody! Smb help me please.

I need help on wrong IMEI or PIN. The information about this i get when I want  to register my device BIS on https://bakcell.blackberry.com

Blackberry 9550

How can I change or repair this numbers??

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bad IMEI or PIN number on new device/

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You cannot change the IMEI nor PIN of a BB...they are deeply encoded into the hardware of the device, and cannot be changed. Hence, depending on the actual message you get back when you attempt to register, your resolution path may be different. I've never seen a result of "Bad" or "Wrong", so the complete and exact content of the result may help us to understand better your situation.

Alternatively, you can ring up your mobile service provider to find out more details...only they have access to the necessary "behind the scenes" systems to look up anything at all.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply!

My Device PIN : *

My Device IMEI: *

[Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

The exact content of the result is :  "Invalid PIN or IMEI format. Please retype your PIN and IMEI. The information you provided is incorrect."

https://bakcell.blackberry.com/

Do you have any ideas to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As you will notice, personal information was redacted from your post...as a public forum, it is very unwise to post your personal details here, as that then is exposed to the entire world, which is full of nasty folks who love to obtain such information for their evil purposes. Hopefully your information was redacted quickly enough to protect you.

If you are 100% certain that you are typing the proper information into your carriers website system, then you need to next ring them up (which, I think I did say in my last post...). The error message is not coming from your BlackBerry nor any RIM controlled system...rather, it is coming from your carriers website...so you need to talk to them for assistance with their system.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

I didn't know about that, I hope too ((

Thank you, I'll connect whith my mobile provider.