Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Trusted Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Battery life?

Hi.

Which experience do you have with the average battery life on the Storm 2?

I used the Bold 9000, where I could use a fully charged battery for about 2 days, on my next phone Bold 9700 I can use the battery 4 days.

What do you get on the Storm 2, please?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery life?

My Storm2... I'm lucky to get one full day. I am probably a slightly more than moderate user, too.

I'd recommend for ANY of them an additional charger just to top off the charge for even ten minutes.

The best way to kill these Li-Ion batteries is to constantly drain them.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, one day, thats very very pure :smileysad: I am a heavy user as well, wil sure not get more out.

If there is something, what I like on my Bold 9700, is the superb battery life.

I will sure taky the Seidio 1600 mAh battery, but it will not improve the usage time much more.

Not good, not good.

I would like to change the Bold 9700 because of the keyboard, I simply dont like it and I make a lot of mystakes during writing. The Bold 9000 keyboard was great, but the biggest problem for me was the less RAM size.

I hoped, Storm 2 could be "the one", but one day battery is very bad...

Thanks once more for the trully words.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JerseyACT
My Device: Not Specified

My Storm's battery life varies depending on what I am doing for the day. Some days the battery only loses one or two bars, other days I drain it to the point of needing to recharge it before my day is over. I tend to charge it most nights, since I never know what the next will hold. :smileyhappy:

I found that I purchased some replacement batteries online (because I was doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk and couldn't charge at night). Some of the batteries were perfectly fine, but at least one of them was a dud. It held a charge the first few times I used it, but then it wouldn't recharge properly. (You get what you pay for, I suppose.)

You might want to invest in backup batteries (from a reputable seller) and various chargers. My business is tied to my phone, so I don't like to risk not having the juice I need.

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

Many thanks for your reply.

I know this problem very well, I used the Bold 9000 before and have problems with only 1-2 days battery duration too.

But that was the most important reason why I changed it. Now I have the Bold 9700, where the battery needs 4 days to get empty, whats absolutely perpect.

I really dont know, if I want to go back to times, when I have been scared by the moment, if I forgot to put my phone over night to the charger. And I dont like to take a backpack full with batteries to my business trips :smileyhappy:

This is not a nice surprise made by RIM, the Storm 2 is a new phone and I thought, the battery management will be the same perfect like on the Bold 9700 :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
KingCobra
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

It would depend on what you're doing with Storm2, how long calling, texting, email, listening to music, etc.  How many "third party" applications running in the background. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

I know BlackBerry for a long time and I would say, I am a quite experienced user.

I know as well, that RIM has got by some handhelds problems with the battery life. It was especially the Curve 8900 and the Bold 9000. I used both of them and can confirm this problems.

By the new Bold 9700 RIM returned to the perfect battery management known by their devices for long times.

But I see and I am very disapointed about it, that the Storm line is in the battery management as pure as the Curve 8900 and Bold 9000 :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
KingCobra
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

I'm happy you know Blackberry for a long time. But I'm sad people are having problems with batteries on Blackberry phones.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

if you're using a SIM card, I suggest you to either choose 2G or 3G but not 2G/3G as it will constantly try both networks (EDGE / 3G) to select the best coverage.

Besides, 3G is not so useful if you're just doing email & phone.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

Hi Xander.

Thanks for the reply. I used the 2G setting on each of my formes BBs and will use it on the Storm 2 as well. I my opinion, there is no need to have 3G in a phone. 3G is important for notebooks modems to get a good access to the internet.

I will let you know about my experiences with the Storm 2 battery soon and I will compare it with the former battery life on my Curve 8900, Bold 9000 and Bold 9700. Just give me a week, my Storm is one day old/new :smileywink:

Please use plain text.