Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

cole57umd
My Device: 9530

Re: Battery won't charge -Blackberry Storm 9530

I just started having this problem today... I can't wait to get rid of this phone and get something that will work for a change.

New Contributor
pogal
My Device: Storm

I too had this problem. Absolutely no help anywhere it appears from Blackberry.

The only solution I could find was to chuck the useless thing in the drawer and use an old phone.

Absolute rubbish.

From what I could deduce, this all started happening after the software update a couple of months ago? But still, I can't find any info on what to do about it.

Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish. Needless to say, after this experience, I won't be recommending Blackberry to ANYONE, EVER!

It can rot in the drawer for all I care. I don't even want to replace it.

Tokeloshe
My Device: Storm

I started having this problem about 3 months ago. I reloaded the OS, and even downgraded and upgraded again. That seems to fix the problem for about 3 days then it starts again. Verizon says since it's not their software they can't really do anything other than give me a new phone. I DON'T WANT A NEW PHONE, I WANT MINE TO WORK! I don't have 2 hours to back things up and reload!

Why Won't RIM even acknowledge that somethings wrong here?

Thinknplus
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Plumber--who tightened your charging port, the retail store folks or did you send it off?

Dhicky
My Device: Storm 2 - Odin - 9550

since my BB storm2 had the same problem... i hopeless and mad... now im using nokia N900. and left my storm2 in my locker...

editor
My Device: Storm 9530

I just bought my 9530 two days ago with the same problem. There is no solution to this issue. There are however, charging cradles (battery chargers), that will charge the battery outside the phone. The problem is a sync issue between the software and port pins. The battery charge cradles avoid this issue and are about $4 with free shipping on Ebay. Best of luck!