Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

jlevatino1122
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Battery won't charge -Blackberry Storm 9530

Has anyone found that if they unplug their storm and plug it back in that the lightning bolt returns but within a few minutes it disappears? I'm trying to troubleshoot whether it's my phone or the software. I thought it might be my charger but it worked fine on a friends phone. And my battery will charge in someone elses phone.   Verizon won't even talk to me about the possibilitty that the port is defective due to a cracked screen which they said voids any warranty.

Anyone else notice the intermittent charging?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sixer238

i too encountered the problem with the phone not charging after the software update to 5.0. even after pulling the battery out several times and charging with wall, car, and computer chargers.

extremely frustrating. verizon told me this is the first their hearing of it. how is that possible? anyway, they gave me a new blackberry (refurbished), and GUESS WHAT? exact same thing as soon as i got home and put it in the charger.

at least this new one now seems to be working with the computer charger. but tomorrow i plan on going back to verizon to get a new phone.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
cdtbuckeye

Well, I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Could not figure out why I got the same message that everyone else got but only on my computer and wall outlet chargers. My car (knock on wood) charger works fine right now. I was going to call both Blackberry and Verizon for solutions, but i thought I would check here first. Glad I did - will not now waste my time.

Is the only solution to downgrade to the last version?

Thanks for any additional help you can give.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sixer238

just got off the phone with verizon and the only solution so far seems to be a downgrade.

i am in the process of downgrading right now and will let you know if it works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sixer238

i just downgraded to 4.7 and STILL have the problem with the wall chargers - 2 different ones

the computer charger seems to be working after pulling out the battery and resetting the phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sixer238

to keep you all updated: i just RE-upgraded back to 5.0 version of the software (after going back down to 4.7) and the charging problem seems to have resolved itself--for now at least.

will update the post if anything changes, but i suggest trying to downgrade to 4.7 and re-upgrade to 5.0 as a possible solution.

Please use plain text.
dgdecker

I have same problem after upgrade.  I find that if I click OK to error message and sometime remove and insert the USB that charging begin.  There were 5 or so recommended actions on the RIM tech support site - I did all and nothing helped.

Please use plain text.
Jezerella1

I've been having the same problem.  I went to Verizon and they told me that the phone was going and that they would send me another one.  I was also given an extra battery incase I could get it charged on someone else's phone.  The new battery charges fine, so I'm beginning to think that the techs at  Verizon are clueless.  I'm about to go back to the store and fight with them some more since they can't get me a phone for a couple of days.

Please use plain text.
Stormwatcher

I recently upgraded my BB Storm 9530 to the new 5.0 os to correct a whole plethora of problems.  Since the upgrade, my phone won't charge when connected to the wall or auto chargers.  Will charge, very slowly, when connected directly into my desktop.  Incredible!!  This is my third phone in 12 months.  The only help I have received came via their telephone support.  The staff at Verizon claims "everyone loves  their Storms".  I have yet to find a fellow user who "loves their Storm".  Most have had major frustrations and find the retail VZ staff to be of little help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sixer238

one more update... the downgrade to upgrade didn't actually work. i just ended up giving up and buying the android phone.

Please use plain text.