Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Battery

I too have had battery problems.  This is my second Storm.  The first had many glitches and they replaced it.  The new one has been charged about 5 times in the last week and I have probably made 20 phone calls total.  It still seems to go through juice rather quickly but I will give it a little more time.  ANother power issue I have been having is the phone shutting off randomly, 4 or 5 times in the last week.  Sometimes it won't restart by pressing the button so I have to remove and reinstall the battery, which probably uses extra juice each time.  I have Verizon and Yahoo email and have had issues with receiving emails on the phone.  As an example yesterday I checked my computer and had 5 emails from 1/2 to 3 hours old.  My Storm showed one email.  Sometimes the GPS works (Where Am I feature) and sometimes it won't, which the replaced phone also did.  I do keep my Storm in the magnetized leather case, which shuts of the screen and I also press the screen lock button so I don't accidentally shut off the phone or accidentally turn on some function when I put the phone in its case.

Sorry for the rant of non-battery related issues. 

Regular Contributor

I fully charged my Storm yesterday just before night and by the time I woke up in the morning it was almost dead!  I had nothing running on it except the default programs.  Ever since I installed the .85 version I seem to have this issue.  Right now I'm charging about twice a day!   I might go back to .75 and see what happens.
New Contributor

mine seems to be much better now. I charged one night and can last right to the next day
New Contributor

Similar story here. It started out ok then got really bad, lasting only about 6-7 hours. It now has 3 bars left after 2 days, so very pleased. Was just about to bin it :manwink:
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530(Telus)

If you phone is constantly checking for emails or going in and out of coverage areas you battery will go down faster
New Contributor

Yea, but the all point of a blackberry to to check for mail everytime, so the battery should not be an issue.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

give your storm some time and the battery will last.

my battery life for the first week of my storm was horrible, but now, it lasts all day.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Visitor

I purchased (2) 9530 Storms in mid-December for me & my wife.  At first, the battery life for both phones was fine.  All of a sudden in mid-January, my phone's battery turned to crap. 

After a 10 hour charge, it would only go to 95%.  Then after 2-3 hours of virtually no usage, it would drop to 75-80%, and by the end of the business day it would be down to 25-30% with only occasional email checks.

I went to the Verizon store to get a warranty battery replacement.  At first they tried to explain I should use one of their holsters putting it in sleep mode, turning off GPS, etc... .  But my battery had dropped to 60% after being off the charger for just a couple hours.  Finally, they agreed to replace the battery.  I had to purchase a new one and bring back the defective upon receipt to get a refund.

She removed the battery from the phone to inspect it.  That evening, the phone once again accepted a full charge and battery perfomance was back to normal.  A couple days later, the problem returned.  I removed and re-inserted the battery, and since then it has perfomed fine.  I am able to check email, do a bit of browsing, and make a couple of calls with about 80% of battery life by the end of the day.

I'm keeping the replacement battery I purchased as a backup.

Visitor

I got my storm in January and after about a week I noticed that it was rebooting several times every day, which seemed to drain the battery quite rapidly.  I was getting less than 2 days on a full charge.  I wasn't using the phone much during the day either and have it in a holster.  Last week I called Verizon Tech Support and explained to them what was happening and I was told to bring it to one of the Verizon stores and it would be replaced.  Since getting my replacement (brand new) I have not had any rebooting problems and I'm able to get 3 full days on a full charge and I'm using the phone much more now that I'm getting used to it.
New Contributor

I've had my Storm 3 days now and the battery life is simply terrible.

With a full nights charge, which it tells me is 100% in the morning, it last 5 hours. Not doing anything at all, it last 5 hours!

I'm in France, so I don't have the Data Streaming on for emails. Nor am I on Vodafone, but French SFR whilst I'm here. Sitting in its pouch, screen off and receiving no calls a perhaps one text a day, it lasts, as I said, 5 hours.

What can I do, other than get a new phone (not a BlackBerry)?

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!