Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Super Contributor
Dankees
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Messenger Chat Groups Questions

So, I started my own chat group on BlackBerry Messenger and I wondering if the name I selected is unique or if anyone can use that name.

Something tells me that the name is not unique at all, because I was able to create a group that I know already exists. Is that correct?

Also, what happens to my group when I eventually end up getting a new phone with a new PIN? What happens to my group? Does it get deleted and I have to start all over again with getting users? I can't just join the original group with my administrator password?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Messenger Chat Groups Questions

The group name is for the group of PINs with it. SO many people can use the same name with out getting into those groups.

When you get a new phone, backup your BBM settings for teh new one or ask someone in that group to add you back in.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

Thanks.

If I back-up the files to my phone, how can I access them on a new phone?

Is there any way to get a unique group name?

Do I have to add the group members to my list of BBM contacts?

Can't I just log back in with the new phone?

I want to make a group that will last and I wanna make sure that it can last and last, for a long time.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Back it up to a memory card

Restore from memory card.

Unique name? how about some random text or DankeesBBChat should be unique enough.

Last for a long time?

Are we talking about chat?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

Yes, I wanted to post the barcode to my web-site and have an ongoing chat - I just didn't want it to go away, any time soon.

So, if I back it up to the Media Card, I can just add myself back in, with that card?

Please use plain text.